The Sterling Modular Plan B is a 3-bay, height-adjustable mastering console with 72 rack spaces (top, front, and rear) and a low acoustic profile for critical listening environments.
If you’re setting up a mastering studio or adding a mastering suite to your tracking or mixing studio, the Sterling Modular Plan B is a solid choice. Designed for critical listening environments, the Sterling Modular Plan B console furniture is an extended version of the Plan A, which is based on the original groundbreaking consoles that were built for Sterling Sound NY*, Masterdisk, Absolute Audio, and many others. The Plan A was the first pre-engineered console designed specifically for the mastering environment, with a very low profile to prevent reflections off the desk surface in order to facilitate the optimal listening characteristics and physical comfort for the golden ears of mastering engineers. Plan B adds another bay to the Plan A console, plus an additional 24 rack spaces (36 on top, 18 front, and 18 rear) for a total of 72.
Sterling Modular Plan B Mastering Console—Just the Facts:
- The go-to console for the discerning mastering studio and engineer
- Very low profile
- Maximum air flow for thermal venting
- Ergonomic design for comfort over long periods at the console
- Low acoustic profile for the best listening environment
- Generous rack space
- 36ru total in the upper desk bays
- 18ru total in the lower front bay
- 18ru total in the lower rear bays
- Height adjustable
- Optional keyboard drawer, PC/mouse
Modular design for easy and cost-effective expansion
The modular structure of the Plan Series design allows you to expand, down-size, or customize your rig without purchasing an entirely new console. The design features that reduce the acoustic footprint are present on this and all of Sterling Modular Plan-Series consoles and Mixer Conversions.
Numerous accessories and options are available to help you personalize your Plan B console. Simply call PAD (Pro Audio Design 877-223-8858) and our Studio Consultants will work with you to set up the perfect solution!
- Plan B 4-bay mastering console
- Plan B flat center mastering console
- Plan B open-bottom mastering console
- Basic black
- Ash hardwood, clear satin finish, mixer
- Sapele hardwood, dark brown finish (walnut color
- Sapele hardwood, medium reddish-brown finish
- Red oak hardwood
- Natural maple hardwood
- Brushed aluminum (Thermofoil)
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", single
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 19", single
- Swing arm mount, 8-1/2" x 9-3/4", single
- Swing arm mount, 8-1/2" x 9-3/4", pair
- Pedestal mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", single
- LCD monitor arm, radial - articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 2 - 13 lb. monitor, black
- LCD monitor arm, radial-articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 9 - 24 lb. monitor, black
- LCD monitor arm, radial-articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 12 - 29 lb. monitor, black
- LCD mount extender tube, 6", black
- LCD monitor arm, articulating, 28" ht., 16" reach
- LCD monitor arm, articulating, 14" ht., 16" reach
- Height overall: 34-1/2" – 44"
- Height armrest: 28-5/8" – 38-1/2"
- Width: 68-3/8"
- Depth: 44"
- Rack angle: 15 degrees
- Shipping weight: 228 lb. (6 boxes)