The Sterling Modular Plan A is a modular height-adjustable mastering console with 48 rack spaces (top, front, and rear) and a low acoustic profile for critical listening environments.
If you’re setting up a mastering studio or adding a mastering suite to your tracking or mixing studio, the Sterling Modular Plan A is a solid choice. Designed for critical listening environments, the Sterling Modular Plan A console furniture is based on the original groundbreaking consoles that were built for Sterling Sound NY*, Masterdisk, Absolute Audio, and many others. The Plan A was the first pre-engineered console designed specifically for the mastering environment, with a very low profile to prevent reflections off the desk surface in order to facilitate the optimal listening characteristics and physical comfort for the golden ears of mastering engineers.
Sterling Modular Plan A Mastering Console—Just the Facts:
- The go-to console for the discerning mastering studio and engineer
- Very low profile
- Maximum air flow for thermal venting
- Ergonomic design for comfort over long periods at the console
- Low acoustic profile for the best listening environment
- Modular design enables expansion with purchasing a new console
- Generous rack space
- 24ru total in the upper desk bays
- 12ru total in the lower front bay
- 12ru total in the lower rear bays
- Height adjustable
- OptionalkKeyboard drawer, PC/mouse
Modular design for easy and cost-effective expansion
The modular structure of the Plan Series design allows you to expand, down-size, or customize your rig without purchasing an entirely new console. The design features that reduce the acoustic footprint are present on this and all of Sterling Modular Plan-Series consoles and Mixer Conversions.
Numerous accessories and options are available to help you personalize your Plan A console. Simply call PAD (Pro Audio Design 877-223-8858) and our Studio Consultants will work with you to set up the perfect solution!
- Basic black
- Ash hardwood, clear satin finish, mixer
- Sapele hardwood, dark brown finish (walnut color
- Sapele hardwood, medium reddish-brown finish
- Red oak hardwood
- Natural maple hardwood
- Brushed aluminum (Thermofoil)
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", single
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 19", single
- Swing arm mount, 8-1/2" x 9-3/4", single
- Swing arm mount, 8-1/2" x 9-3/4", pair
- Pedestal mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", single
- LCD monitor arm, radial - articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 2 - 13 lb. monitor, black
- LCD monitor arm, radial-articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 9 - 24 lb. monitor, black
- LCD monitor arm, radial-articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 12 - 29 lb. monitor, black
- LCD mount extender tube, 6", black
- LCD monitor arm, articulating, 28" ht., 16" reach
- LCD monitor arm, articulating, 14" ht., 16" reach
- Height overall: 34-1/2" – 44"
- Height armrest: 28-5/8" – 38-1/2"
- Width: 42-3/4"
- Depth: 44"
- Rack angle: 15 degrees
- Shipping weight: 166 lb. (5 boxes)