The PEQ4R mic-pre/equalizer is the 19" rack mount version of the new PEQ4. It has a conductive plastic logarithmic taper output level potentiometer, which acts as an output fader, a 48V phantom power switch and a quarter inch instrument input jack. We've taken the PEQ2R and added another mid band!
Introducing the new PEQ4R. Our 4-band Mic-Pre/EQ, with selectable narrow or wide Q, allows you to enhance (boost) and/or minimize (cut) a larger number of selected frequencies. Designed in 2019 for Roger Waters' 48-channel Wunderbar, the PEQ4 has 4 bands: low, low-mid, high-mid, and high. Refined boost and cut amplifiers give better resolution to the boost and cut compared to the PEQ2. New custom-made aluminum gun-metal gray knobs give the module a cool vibe. This new module also boasts silent switching push-buttons. The push-buttons activate a relay so no audio passes through them, making them functionally quiet. The new PEQ4 includes our custom transformers, which give it that thick Wunder Audio sound. While it doesn't replace the PEQ2, the PEQ4 maintains what we love about the PEQ2, and includes some extras designed for those who desire a bit more control over the EQ.
PEQ4R New Features:
- Same microphone preamp as PEQ2.
- Same Class A output stage as PEQ2, extended on the tail end, just before output transformer, for greater maximum gain.
- Same mic in, live in, and output transformers as the PEQ2; Wunder Audio's own "NICO" Western Electric 6186-style transformers (Nickle/Iron/Cobalt).
- Same thick gauge mu-metal enclosure for superior shielding and RF protection.
- Same high and low shelving EQ.
- High quality custom Grayhill gain and EQ switches with exceptional gold contact per switch position.
- Global EQ bypass button switches EQ totally out of circuit.
- Individual band bypass switch. When EQ is on, each band can be individually by-passed.
- Light pipe pushbuttons, as used in the Wunderbar Console.
- Discrete, active high pass filter.
- Phase switch.
- LED metering with Green signal indicator and Red clip light.
- 78 dB of total gain.
- Thick and sturdy faceplate.
- 1% Metal Film resistors for a low noise floor and better matching from channel to channel.
- Sturdy amp compensation / RF rejection capacitors.
- Optimized component layout with thick copper traces.
- RF filtering.
- Refined boost and cut amplifiers for the equalizer.
- All pushbutton switches activate a relay which keeps audio direct in circuit, and not passing through switches, so it's noise-free.
- 2 mid-bands of EQ instead of one.
- Selectable narrow or wide Q on the two mid-bands.