No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic '2A-style optical compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A style circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
Releasing the WA-2A would be for nothing if they couldn’t make it affordable. Since the start of Warm Audio has strived to give an unprecedented value to the customers, by putting high end audio within the reach of more people than ever before. This philosophy drives everything they do, and every product they offer.
- '2A Style, Transformer balanced, high voltage, opto tube compressor
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- Utilizes USA made Kenetek opto attenuator.
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes. 2x 12ax7, 1x 12bh7, 1x 6aq5
- Fully discrete signal path
- Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with other opto-cells
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hipass filtering
- Stereo-link capability
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB
- Input Level +16 dB maximum
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise = -74dB
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release
- 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions - 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"
- Weight - 12 lbs