TK Audio BC501 LTD - 500 - Series Stereo Bus Compressor
TK Audio’s best-selling 500-series module, the BC501, is a stereo bus compressor that features all the power of TK’s flagship BC1-THD.
Since the it was released in 2015 it has found its way into a great numbers of 500 racks all around the globe. The BC501 is one of the most transparent stereo bus compressors ever made. The smooth, soft compression together with the blend control, high-pass filter and the THD function are much appreciated features that now have been expanded with the grab function, known from the BC1-THD. The grab function turns the threshold knee harder and makes the compressor even more perfect for the drum-bus. The BC501 is available in two versions, the BC501-GR with the standard stock black panel and the BC501-Ltd with silver panel, individually numbered and limited edition of 100 units.
- Threshold: -20dB to +20dB in 41 steps
- Make-up: 0 to +20dB in 41 steps
- Ratio: 1:25, 1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 10:1
- Attack: 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1, 3, 6, 10, 30, 60, 120mS
- Release: 50, 100, 300, 600mS, 1.2S and Auto (50mS/2S)
- HP Filter: 80Hz, 150Hz and 220Hz (-6dB/octave)
- External sidechain input via a stereo 3.5mm TRS
- THD circuit that adds even harmonics
- Blend control from dry to compressed in 21 steps