The Sterling Modular Plan D is a 2-bay, height-adjustable, wrap-around mastering console with a center section for a small-format console, 48 rack spaces (top, front, and rear), and a low acoustic profile for critical listening environments.
The Sterling Modular Plan D is variation of the wraparound Plan C console without a center rack. Instead, it has a space for a small-format console or control surface, such as the SSL X-Desk, Rupert Neve Designs 5060 Centerpiece, or Presonus StudioLive 16 Series III, Faderport 16, or Softube Console 1 MKII. The Plan D is designed with a low rear shelf for monitors, which reduces the acoustic profile of the overall console and allows a center speaker to fire with less obstruction if you’re working in surround. Additionally, the console has enough space for two 21" monitors, and features the same very low profile to minimize surface reflections as all consoles in Sterling Modular’s Plan series. Between the upper left and right bays, lower front bays, and lower rear bays, the Sterling Modular Plan D console has a total of 48 rack spaces (24 top, 24 bottom).
Sterling Modular Plan D Mastering Console—Just the Facts:
- The go-to console for the discerning mastering studio and engineer
- Wraparound design for easy access to left and right equipment front panels
- Very low profile
- Center section fits small-format console
- Maximum air flow for thermal venting
- Ergonomic design for comfort over long periods at the console
- Low acoustic profile for the best listening environment
- Generous rack space
- Room for two 21" monitors
- 24ru total in the upper desk bays
- 12ru total in the lower front bay
- 12ru total in the lower rear bays
- Height adjustable
- Optional keyboard drawer, PC/mouse
Modular design for easy and cost-effective expansion
The modular structure of the Plan Series design allows you to expand, down-size, or customize your rig without purchasing an entirely new console. The design features that reduce the acoustic footprint are present on this and all of Sterling Modular Plan-Series consoles and Mixer Conversions.
Numerous accessories and options are available to help you personalize your Plan D console. Simply call PAD (Pro Audio Design 877-223-8858) and our Studio Consultants will work with you to set up the perfect solution!
- Wide center mastering console
- Basic black
- Ash hardwood, clear satin finish, mixer
- Sapele hardwood, dark brown finish (walnut color
- Sapele hardwood, medium reddish-brown finish
- Red oak hardwood
- Natural maple hardwood
- Brushed aluminum (Thermofoil)
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", single
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 19", single
- Swing arm mount, 8-1/2" x 9-3/4", single
- Swing arm mount, 8-1/2" x 9-3/4", pair
- Pedestal mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", single
- LCD monitor arm, radial - articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 2 - 13 lb. monitor, black
- LCD monitor arm, radial-articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 9 - 24 lb. monitor, black
- LCD monitor arm, radial-articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 12 - 29 lb. monitor, black
- LCD mount extender tube, 6", black
- LCD monitor arm, articulating, 28" ht., 16" reach
- LCD monitor arm, articulating, 14" ht., 16" reach
- Height overall: 34-1/2" – 44"
- Height armrest: 28-5/8" – 38-1/2"
- Width: 45-5/8" front; 90-5/8" rear
- Depth: 53-1/8"
- Rack angle: 15 degrees
- Bay angles: 30 degrees
- Shipping weight: 269 lb. (6 boxes)