The Sterling Modular Plan B-style Mixer Conversion is designed to house a 16-channel, 5-knob Avid S6 M10 or M40 control surface, featuring two 12-space rack bays on top; two 12-space lower racks (48ru total); very low profile for minimal acoustic impact; and multiple finish, monitor arm, speaker platform options.
The Sterling Modular Plan B-style Mixer Conversion gives mix engineers a stylish, practical, acoustically unobtrusive console for a 16-channel, Avid S6 M40/M10 control surface configured with five knobs per channel. It also offers a generous amount of rack space (48ru total), giving you easy hands-on access to your most used outboard, as well as space for less-used gear, such as converters, digital patchbays, reverb mainframes, and more. Based on Sterling Modular’s Plan B mastering console, which uses the same ergonomic and acoustic design as the original consoles built for Sterling Sound NY*, Masterdisk, and Absolute Audio, and many others, the Plan B Mixer Conversion also features more thermal venting than any other console and ample cable access. You can also personalize your Plan B Avid M10/M40 Mixer Conversion with multiple finish, monitor arm, and speaker platform options.
Sterling Modular Plan B-Style Avid S6 Mixer Conversion Console—Just the Facts:
- Fits a 16-channel, five knob Avid S6 M10 or M40 control surface
- Very low profile, soft materials, and angular design reduce acoustical anomalies
- Maximum air flow for thermal venting
- Ergonomic design for comfort over long periods at the console
- Generous rack space, 24ru total in the upper desk bays, 24ru total in the lower front bay
- Ample cable access
- Fully modular design allows you to convert to another mixer or any number of “Plan Series” configurations without starting from scratch
- Wide array of available finishes, trim material options, and convenience accessories
Sterling Modular Plan B-Style Avid S6 Mixer Conversion Console—Beneath the Surface
The Avid S6 M10 | M40-16-5 Plan B-style Mixer Conversion is designed with comfort in mind, as well as workflow. It has a recessed top shelf so that the QWERTY keyboard is at the same height as the leading edge of the mixing Console, which means that the mixing engineer doesn’t have to raise his/her hands to go from the keyboard to the mixer and back. It has the most rack space in the industry at 48ru. And, as with all Sterling Modular products, a little or a lot of customization is possible. All Mixer Conversion consoles require assembly.
* Sterling Modular is not affiliated in any way with Sterling Sound, NY
Numerous accessories and options are available to help you personalize your Sterling Modular Avid S6 M10 | M40-16-5 Plan B-style Mixer Conversion console. Simply call PAD (Pro Audio Design 877-223-8858) and our Studio Consultants will work with you to set up the perfect solution!
- Basic black finish
- Ash hardwood, dark-brown finish (walnut color)
- Ash hardwood, medium-brown finish
- Ash hardwood, light-brown finish
- Ash hardwood, clear satin finish
- Sapele hardwood, dark brown finish (walnut color)
- Sapele hardwood, medium reddish-brown finish
- Red oak hardwood
- Natural maple hardwood
- Brushed aluminum (Thermofoil)
- Pedestal mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", single
- Pedestal mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", pair
- Swing arm mount, 8-1/2" x 9-3/4", single
- Swing arm mount, 8-1/2" x 9-3/4", pair
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 19", single
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 19", pair
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", single
- Bridge mount, 11-1/2" x 11-1/2", pair
- LCD monitor arm, radial-articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 12 - 29 lb. monitor, black
- LCD monitor arm, radial -articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 2 - 13 lb. monitor, black
- LCD monitor arm, radial-articulating style, 24" horizontal range, 16" vertical range, supports 9 - 24 lb. monitor, black
- LCD mount extender tube, 6", black
- LCD arm, articulating, dual monitor, 28" ht., 31.5" OC
- LCD monitor arm, articulating, 28" ht., 16" reach
- LCD monitor arm, articulating, 14" ht., 16" reach
- Height overall: 42" (to top of monitor screen)
- Height armrest: 28-5/8"
- Overall width: 80-5/8"
- Overall depth: 44"
- Armrest depth: 8-5/16"
- Keypad depth: 9"
- Keypad width: 25-1/2"
- Rack angle: 15 degrees