Need tremolo? We’ve got you covered. Tremolator emulates the tremolo effect of classic hardware like the old Fender Vibrolux guitar amp, and even the great tremolo sound of the Wurlitzer electric piano.
We added dynamic control of speed and depth that lets the tremolo respond to the music, and then tossed in MIDI sync to lock to your tremolo to tempo. Of course we also included our programmable Rhythm Editor that let’s you write custom patterns and turn Tremolator into a outrageous rhythmic auto-gate. Vintage guitar effect and modern remix tool at your service.
Tremolo of Old
Gear heads that we are, we broke out the test equipment and analyzed the waveforms created by some of our favorite old hardware. Then we used our custom LFO waveshape editor built into Tremolator to perfectly recreate them.
It’s very interesting to look at these shapes and see why each of these vintage pieces has a unique sound. Pass that through our Analog mode, which emulates going in and out of a piece of analog hardware, and you’ve got all the pieces of a great sounding tremolo.
Chop Shop: Auto-Gate Mania
Switch the nice smooth tremolo waveforms over to a sharp squarewave and you turn this into a monster of an auto-gate. You can lock it to MIDI with the flip of a switch, then select 1/8th notes, 16th notes or whatever fits the rhythm you need.
If straight note pulses isn’t what you need, use the Rhythm Editor to write your own cool groove (You can even pull a groove from our library). More? Add some swing or shuffle, accents, and analog mode. You can even use the Waveshape Editor to tighten or loosen the gate time.
In the Tweak menu you’ll find the Dynamics controls. These parameters let your playing control the speed and/or depth of the modulation.
You can create cool speed ups or slow downs based on how loud or soft you play. You can create smooth increases in depth as your chords fade out, or heavy tremolo that fades away. Plus there are already some great presets in our Dynamics folder that you can “tweak” to fit your needs.
- Unmatched auto-gate rhythmic control for a powerful remix tool.
- Lock to MIDI for tempo and beat-synced tremolo.
- Dynamic controls allow real-time musical and emotional expression.
Current Version: 5.3.9
Plug-in Formats (64-bit only):
- AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite, VST 2, VST 3, and Audio Units (AU)
Supported Sample Rates:
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility Info
- Operating systems: Mac OS X 10.12 or later; Windows 7 or later.
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
- Pro Tools (11 or later), Live, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Studio One, Reaper, Bitwig
- Click here to view our full list of compatible host applications.