The Sontronics STC-1S is a very affordable, matched stereo pair of pencil condenser microphones that can outclass mics costing significantly more; featuring removable cardioid capsules for optional polar patterns, included stereo mic bar, and comes in silver or black finish.
For a person with no shoes, one shoe is great, but a pair of shoes is downright magical—just the Sontronics STC-1S stereo pair of small-diaphragm pencil condenser mics. In pro audio, having one of a thing may be good, but in our multi-channel world, the best and most useful things come in pairs. With the STC-1S stereo pair of small-diaphragm condenser microphones, Sontronics graciously and affordably introduces you to the wonderful world of stereo recording. Used together or singly, they deliver incredibly professional results whether in the studio or live-sound applications, lending themselves to a wide variety of stereo miking techniques. Whether you're capturing an upright piano, a string trio, four-piece band, full choir, or a symphony orchestra, The STC-1S pair of pencil microphones will sound brilliant every time.
Sontronics STC-1S—Just the Facts:
- Stereo pair of small-diaphragm condenser mic
- Cardioid pattern
- Ideal for overhead, room, and ensemble miking
- Comes with adjustable stereo bar, 2x mic clips, and 2x foam windscreens
- Available in silver or black
- Add the optional Hyper or Omni capsules for greater versatility
- Covered by a lifetime warranty
Sontronics STC-1S—Behind the Grille
Laboratory matched as a stereo pair, the STC-1S mics will put a shine any stereo miking application, and when teamed up with Sontronics optional Omni or Hyper capsules, the STC-1S set becomes an extremely flexible and powerful tool.
Thanks to their three-stage pad and filter switches and our Sontronics signature super-smooth high-frequency roll-off, the STC-1S pair are extremely versatile and give outstanding results, able to throw down against, and outclass mics that cost many times more.
The Sontronics STC-1S pair is supplied in a luxury velvet-lined wooden case along with their adjustable stereo mounting bar, two mic clips, and two foam windscreens. And, as you’ve come to expect from Sontronics microphones, the STC-1S stereo pair is covered by a hassle-free lifetime warranty.
Like all Sontronics mics, the STC-1 is designed to do its job on a pair with the best mics out there, only without the sticker shock. The best-selling STC-1 is a small-diaphragm pencil condenser microphone that’s ideally suited to recording instruments of any kind, from acoustic guitar to flute, trumpet, bongo, or violin (don’t forget your trusty bianzhong).
Thanks to its three-stage filter (0, -10, -20dB) and pad (0, 75, 150Hz) switches, the STC-1 is one of the most flexible microphones in its class, providing impressive, professional studio-quality results at an affordable price.
The STC-1 has a fixed cardioid pattern but the capsule head can be removed and replaced with Sontronics’ interchangeable Omni or Hyper capsules (also available in black or silver) to turn one mic into three! With the Omni capsule fitted, the STC-1 becomes the perfect overhead or room mic, ideal for recording ensemble, drum kit, piano or group vocals. With the Hyper capsule fitted, the STC-1 takes on a much more focused pickup range, which is ideal for hi-hat, acoustic guitar, and harmonica.
Sontronics STC-1S applications
The stereo pair of STC-1S microphones are ideal for use on acoustic guitar and other strummed instruments (such as banjo, bouzouki, sitar, etc.) as well as piano, strings, wind or brass ensemble, drum kit, choirs, and backing vocals. They also sound fantastic when used as overheads or for room miking.
- Acoustic guitar
- Backing vocals
- Choir and orchestra
- String, brass, or wind ensemble
- Drum overhead
- Room miking
What the pros are saying about the Sontronics STC-1
- - “The STC-1S are superb . . . fantastic, natural-sounding mics.” — Simon Croft, Play Music Magazine
- - "For bright acoustic guitar tone, STC-1S are great. Put them near the fretboard and you get a really clean presence" — Aaron Slater, artist-songwriter
- - "The STC-1S pair give a really effective, uncolored result and are really natural sounding" — Alan Bailey, sound engineer (Snow Patrol, The The)
The Sontronics STC-1S pair proves that the best things in pro audio come in twos, and when combined with the Hyper and Omni capsules, gives you even greater versatility and flexibility. Order yours today! For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist.
- Polar pattern: Cardioid (optional Omni and Hyper capsules available)
- Frequency response: 25Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa -36dB ±2dB
- (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1kHz)
- Impedance: ≤200 ohm
- Equivalent noise level: 16dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL: 137dB (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Power source: 48V ±4V phantom power required
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
- Available in black or silver finish
- Dimensions: 6-3/8" x 15/16" x 15/16" (162 x 24 x 24mm)
- Weight: 7.5 oz. (214g)
- Supplied with: Adjustable stereo mounting bar, 2x mic clips, 2x foam windscreens