Solid State Logic SSL UC1 - Plug-in Controller
Solid State Logic SSL UC1 - Plug-in Controller
UC1 is a hardware plug-in controller like no other. Dedicated knob-per-function Channel EQ and Dynamics controls, centre section featuring full Bus Compressor controls and authentic moving-coil gain reduction meter combine to offer the most creative, intuitive, and ultimately effective way of controlling SSL 360°-enabled plug-ins within your DAW session.
Console ergonomics and workflow
SSL production tools are the benchmark for studio ergonomics and workflow. UC1 draws on decades of analogue and digital console design to develop an intelligent and deeply integrated SSL plug-in control surface that lets you focus on your production goals and not the process.
UC1’s layout of encoders, switches and colour groupings offer professional SSL console ergonomics seamlessly integrated with our most advanced channel strip and Bus Compressor plug-ins to date. Multiple parameters can be controlled simultaneously and precisely, equipping you with a production tool that nurtures muscle memory, provides unmatched sonic flexibility and inspires operator confidence.
Every detail of UC1 has been implemented to keep you in control and informed of how your mix is reacting to processing. Dedicated front panel encoders accompanied by an on-board hi-res display allow you to move quickly between instances of 360°-enabled channel strips and Bus Compressors directly from the surface. You can also load presets, as well as alter the channel strip process order.
SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer
At the heart of the UC1 system is the SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer, a place to view and control all of your 360°-enabled channel strips and Bus Compressors in one place. The 360° Plug-in Mixer offers an efficient way of interacting with multiple plug-ins simultaneously, further bridging the gap between console and in-the-box workflow.
SSL 4K B, Channel Strip 2 & Bus Compressor 2 Plug-ins
UC1 provides dedicated controls of all key 4K B and Channel Strip 2 plug-in parameters. EQ, Filters, Compressor and Gate/Expander controls offer the same configuration and visual feedback as found on large-format SSL consoles, allowing you to quickly home in on your channel processing sweet spot.
At the heart of UC1 are Bus Compressor controls. Its authentic layout and metering feels like you’re controlling a hardware bus comp built into the centre section of an SSL console. With a classic moving coil gain reduction meter as found on SSL consoles since the 1970’s, it represents the Bus Compressors time constants and gain reduction characteristics perfectly for producers and engineers to know exactly how it’s reacting with their instruments, sub groups and of course mix bus.
Perpetual plug-in licenses for SSL 4K B, Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins are included with UC1. Expertly modelled, the 4K B plug-in is an authentic emulation of the SL 4000 B channel strip – full of tone, punch and rich non-linear analogue character. Channel Strip 2 is a fully-featured channel strip, based on digital modelling of the EQ and Dynamics curves from the legendary XL 9000 K SuperAnalogue console. Bus Compressor 2 is the ultimate SSL Bus Compressor plug-in, featuring additional Ratio, Attack and Release options and oversampling.
6-Month Trial of SSL Complete included
SSL Complete is the easiest way to access every SSL plug-in, with new premium plug-ins being added all the time. Featuring our legendary consoles, compressors, equalisers, reverbs & delays, Fusion processors and much more. SSL Complete provides everything you need to make brilliant sounding music and create an SSL studio in your DAW.
- Legendary SSL workflow and console ergonomics meets the power of 360°-enabled plug-ins.
- Every UC1 purchase includes perpetual licenses for SSL 4K B, Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins (worth $479.00)
- Knob per-function control of Filters, EQ, Compressor and Gate controls.
- Muscle-memory operation and constant visual feedback via the smart LED rings.
- On-board display tells you which channel strip and Bus Compressor plug-in UC1 is currently focused on, as well as giving you a value readout of the control currently being turned.
- Adjustable brightness display, set via SSL 360° CONTROL SETUP page allows you to reduce controller brightness in dark studio environments.
- Load Plug-in presets and change channel strip routing directly from UC1.
- Authentic moving-coil Bus Compressor gain reduction meter, driven from the SSL Bus Compressor 2 plug-in.
- SSL Plug-in Mixer (hosted in SSL 360°) provides a place to view and control of your 360°-enabled channel strips and Bus Compressors, all from one screen.
- Switch between 3 different DAWs that are connected to the Plug-in Mixer.
- Enhanced DAW Integration via SSL 360°: UC1 controller now offers even tighter integration with VST3 DAWs like Cubase, Nuendo, Live, Studio One, REAPER, and LUNA. This integration provides control of DAW fader and pan from UC1 and the 360° Plug-in Mixer. The new integration also synchronises the DAW track colour, which is shown on the UC1 display.
- High Quality all metal enclosure, with a brushed anodised top plate.
- Hi-Speed USB connection to computer.
- Powered by SSL 360° Mac and PC software.
- 6-month Trial of SSL Complete included
Check out our featured projects
Have a question?
Our Customer support is available Monday to Friday, 8 - 10 est. Contact us with your questions or to get a quote request.
Get up to a 2-year extended warranty on any new gear and up to a 1-year extended warranty on used gear.
PAD-Certified preowned gear
All of our used equipment goes through a rigorous testing and servicing process before we make it available for sale.
Best Price Match
We guarantee the lowest price, period. If you need a price match, call us at 1-877-223-8858 for details.
The PADTech team knows the gear inside and out. If you need help with installation, configuration or repairs, call us. We can help