The Prism Sound 8C-AES AES3 I/O Module provides eight bidirectional channels of AES3 digital audio for the ADA-8XR mainframe
The 8C-AES AES3 I/O Module transmits eight channels of digital audio input and output for the ADA-8XR on four AES3 carriers in each direction. The input and output sections of the module are completely independent, which means they can be assigned to different paths* with different sample rates, sync sources, and other options. The AES3 I/O module can be thought of as two modules in one; one input module and one output module.
Prism Sound 8C-AES—Just the Facts:
- Eight bi-directional channels of AES3 digital audio
- Accommodates up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- Independent input and output sections can support different sample rates and sync
- Functions like two modules in one
- Single- and dual-wire operation
Prism Sound 8C-AES—Under the Hood
The module can accommodate extended sample rates (up to 192kHz) in Split96 (two-wire) or high-speed (one-wire) modes, and can output consumer or professional Channel Status. Inputs and outputs may be connected via jumper to comply with either AES3 or S/PDIF carrier voltage levels and impedance.
*The Prism Sound ADA-8XR has dual-path architecture, which allows independent operation of two 8-channel paths
For more information or assistance configuring an ADA-8XR with 8C-AES or other modules, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Integrator.
- Group delay (AES3 to output): 34/FS
- Connection: Transformer-coupled female DB-25 connector
- AES3 mode: I/O impedance: 110 ohm
- Output carrier amplitude (loaded): 3.2Vp-p
- S/PDIF mode: I/O impedance: 75 ohm
- Output carrier amplitude (loaded): 0.5Vp-p
- Output channel status: Professional or consumer
- Input jitter tolerance: 15UIp-p below 200Hz; 0.5UIp-p above 8kHz (1UI=163ns @ 48kHz)
- Word length: 16-, 20-, or 24-bit
Single-wire or double-wire (“Split96”) input and output modes supported @ 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz