Record the entire band.
PreSonus® was a pioneer in high-channel-count audio interfaces and has spent the last 20 years listening to our customers and creating the best audio interfaces for recording large sessions. The Studio 1824c provides amazing sound-quality with eight of PreSonus' lauded XMAX analog mic preamps onboard and pristine 24-bit 192 kHz conversion. Add two low-noise instrument preamps, balanced line-level inputs, and an ADAT input to add 8 more channels whenever you need them, and you have an audio interface ready to record just about any session. A complete, all-in-one recording package, Studio One® Artist music production software, is included with the Studio 1824c, offering unlimited tracking with tight control-room integration.
The Studio 1824c operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition recording and mixing. High-quality converters on every input and output and eight of PreSonus' professional-grade XMAX mic preamps enable you to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally, with no audible distortion. XMAX mic preamps are known the world over for their ability to deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you'll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
World-class recording software included.
Seamlessly integrated with the included Studio One Artist music production software and with PreSonus UC Surface control software for macOS®, Windows®, iPad®, and Android™ tablet, the Studio 1824c audio interface works with virtually all macOS and Windows recording software. Easy to learn, Studio One enables you to compose, record, and produce without getting distracted by the tools. Need a new loop or sample for your latest production? Studio One lets you shop, audition, and purchase new content right from your production environment!
Professional tools make any job easier. That's why we included professional input and output metering on the Studio 1824c, allowing you to keep an eye on your input and mix levels while running your session. Easy-to-use DSP monitor mixing lets you create four discrete near-zero-latency monitor mixes, enough for even the largest ensembles. All line-level outputs are also DC coupled, enabling them to send control voltages. Front-panel Mute, Mono, and level controls let you work with your main mix.
Wherever sound takes you.
Whether you're upgrading your studio or building a new space for your band to record, the Studio 1824c has you covered with superior mic preamps, expandable inputs, and powerful, easy-to-use onboard monitor mixing to give you the world-class results you want. While it's a perfect companion for any recording software, the Studio 1824c combines with the included Studio One Artist to provide a complete, affordable recording solution that will make you sound great.
Apple Silicon, iOS, and iPadOS compatibility - standard.
The PreSonus 1824c is natively compatible with Apple Silicon-based Mac computers*, as well as iOS and iPadOS devices, including iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, and iPhone. Because it's USB class-compliant, there are no special drivers or applications to download and install. You'll be able to produce on the go - everything from podcasts to folk rock to trap - wherever sound takes you.
For more on iOS/iPadOS compatibility, click here.
*Universal Control 3.4.2 or later is required for Native Apple Silicon compatibility.
Make your own magic.
At PreSonus, they want to make sure that our audio products come with everything you need to craft your own mesmerizing spells in the studio. That's why we include Studio One Artist with every audio interface and controller product we make, from the 2-channel AudioBox USB 96 to the 64-channel StudioLive 64S, ATOM to FaderPort 16, but we didn't stop there. Why? Because here in Louisiana, we have a word: lagniappe. It means "a little something extra," and it's in that spirit that we also include the Studio Magic Suite of software with our audio interface products and-new for 2021-our award-winning controllers as well.
The 2021 Studio Magic includes tutorials from Melodics, sound libraries from Ghost Hack, 7 virtual instruments, and 9 effects plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats to use in Studio One Artist or your DAW of choice with a retail value of over $1000 (US).
- Up to 18 inputs/20 outputs simultaneously (8x8 at 192 kHz)
- 2 mic/instrument/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps
- 6 mic/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps
- 8 channels of ADAT Optical I/O (4 channels at 96 kHz)
- 2 balanced ¼-inch TRS main outputs
- DC coupled for sending control voltages
- 8 balanced ¼-inch TRS line outputs for monitor mixing
- DC coupled for sending control voltages
- 2 stereo headphone outputs with individual level controls
- MIDI In/Out
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- 1 USB-C® -compatible 2.0 port
- USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cables included for compatibility with most computers
- BNC word clock output
- Studio One® Artist for macOS® and Windows®
- UC Surface control software for macOS, Windows, iPad®, and Android™
- Studio Magic Software Suite
Meters, Controls, and Features
- 18x8 onboard DSP monitor mixer
- Front-panel level controls for main outputs
- Mono and Mute buttons for the main outputs
- True +48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- 10 ladder-style 8-LED level meters (8 input, 2 main output)
- USB-C® -compatible port (USB 2.0)
- 24-bit resolution
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sampling rates
- 1U rack-mountable
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs