A professional measurement tool.
The PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone is a special type of microphone that provides an accurate reproduction of a room's sound characteristics for use with audio-analysis tools. It employs a ¼-inch, pre-polarized, electret-condenser capsule with an omnidirectional polar pattern, which allows the microphone to measure reflections, as well as direct signals up to 132 dB SPL. The PRM1 has an all-metal chassis and comes with a clip, foam windscreen, and hard case.
What makes the PRM1 different from most mics?
Unlike mics you use for recording and live sound, the PRM1 has a narrow dynamic range, since it is intended to receive test frequencies, such as pink noise, at a fixed level. As a result, it is not recommended for recording or performance—but it’s the right mic for analyzing a sound system’s performance. The PRM1 exhibits linear (“flat”) frequency response between 20 Hz and 20 kHz, meaning it captures all frequencies equally within that range. Since it neither boosts nor cuts frequencies, it doesn’t color the sound, making it ideal for measuring what a room or speaker is doing to a sound system’s outgoing signal.
Designed for use with Smaart and other audio analysis tools.
While the PRM1 can be used for a variety of measurement applications, such as MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, and TEF™, it is especially recommended for use with the Smaart® System Check wizards that are integrated into PreSonus® UC Surface control software for StudioLive® AI and StudioLive RM mixers. With this combination, you can have a complete, powerful, and affordable, audio analysis and correction system.
- ¼-inch, pre-polarized, electret-condenser capsule
- Linear frequency response between 20 Hz and 20 kHz
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Low noise, low distortion
- All-metal chassis
- Comes with a clip, foam windscreen, and hard case
- High-quality components and rugged construction
- Suitable for system analysis and measurement
- Especially recommended for use with PreSonus® StudioLive® mixers and UC Surface control software with Smaart® Measurement Technology