The interface unit shall be designed for digital audio mixing applications and be optimised for use in live performance. It shall feature 48 integrated microphone preamplifier inputs with 2.5 dB analogue gain steps and 16 servo-balanced electronic outputs on industry-standard XLR connectors and shall be capable of operating at 48 kHz and 96 kHz sampling rates.
The interface unit shall include a recessed switch on the rear panel to mute all outputs.
The interface unit shall support a 100 Megabit Ethernet frame-based digital audio network that shall offer N+1 cable redundancy and be compliant with the Audio Engineering Society AES50-2011 standard. Three digital audio network ports and one Ethernet control port shall be provided. An industry-standard MIDI Interface (In, Out, Thru) shall also be provided.
The interface unit shall provide both front panel and remote network configuration of operational settings and provide LED status of power supply output rail condition, digital audio and control network connection status and activity, clock synchronisation source, unit identification and communication mode setting.
The interface unit shall include two auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supplies with dual redundancy for use on a worldwide basis.
The interface unit shall be housed in a standard 5U 19" rackmount chassis, and shall be 483 mm wide x 414 mm deep x 221 mm high (19.0" x 16.3" x 8.7"), with nominal weight 10 kg (22.1 lbs). The interface unit shall be installed in a rack frame or road case capable of safely supporting its weight. Input, output, and power connections shall be made at the rear panel of the interface unit. Installers shall allow adequate space at the rear for connection and disconnection of input, output, and power connections. The power requirements shall be 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz.
The interface unit shall be the MIDAS DL251 and no other alternative shall be acceptable.
- 48 award-winning MIDAS microphone preamplifiers with switchable +48 V phantom power
- 16 actively balanced low impedance line level outputs
- Selectable 96 kHz or 48 kHz sample rate operation
- Remote operation up to 100 m via CAT5/5e cable
- All settings programmable from front panel controls or console
- PSU status indicator LEDs and configuration switches on front panel
- 3 AES50 network ports for redundant connections
- MIDI In, Out and Thru connectors
- Features Neutrik etherCON* AES50 network ports
- Rugged 5U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Dual redundant auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supplies
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.