The AE400 is an advanced active equalizer suitable for music production, post production, and live sound. The AE400 is made up of 4 bands of fixed and active equalization. Each band is completely overlapping with all other bands and has its own Q (bandwidth), fixed gain, and active gain controls. A key filter for each band allows the active gain response to be as selective or broad as needed, based on the Q (bandwidth) control. Each band can use the input signal or selected side chain signal to trigger the active EQ response.Energized Vocals
The key signal peaks, shown just below the IO curves for each active EQ band, will tip you off on where the most signal energy is going.
Route the main mix through the AE400, and the vocal into the side chain input. Sweep the key filters around in the AE400 to find what frequencies the vocal signal levels are at.
Using the active EQ gains, dial in some negative gain, maybe about 25% to 50% of the positive gain you added in the boosting of the kick drum.
- Four fully overlapping fixed and active EQ bands
- Independent control over all fixed and active EQ parameters per band
- Selectable EQ mode per fixed and active bands
- Unique active EQ ratio response control
- Side chain support
- Double precision processing
- Zero latency
- Collection of presets from award winning mix engineers
- Mono and stereo versions
- HD: AAX DSP/Native, AU, VST3
- Native: AAX Native, AU, VST3