As far as value, it’s hard to beat 500 Series compatible modules. Their smaller physical size let you get a lot of performance out of a smaller space, they tend to cost less than their larger counterparts, and – the best part – you can customize your own combinations of them.
When ELI started making our own 500 series products, we looked at the power supplies on the market and couldn’t help but notice a need for a better single height dual module rack unit. On other single height rack units, the modules protrude from the front panel, and don’t look sturdy or attractive. Power supplies were often noisy, frequently reducing the performance of any module mounted in them. Also, only XLR ins and outs were provided to the user, limiting the device’s applications.
The Empirical Labs EL500 rack eliminates these obstacles. At the heart of the unit is a super quiet power supply - over 30 dB quieter than some supplies we’ve seen - that will ensure optimal performance from any compatible device.
• Six digitally controlled sections of analog processing
• Frequency response - 3 Hz to 180 kHz on eq section (-3dB points).
• Dynamic range - 120 dB from maximum output (.5%THD soft clipping) to minimum output. Noise floor with Mix on 0 is typically – 91dBu.
• Distortion range - between .0006% and 10% at 1KHz, depending on mode and settings.
• Maximum Input before hard clipping - +22dBm, “ Line In” mode. Maximum Output (Mix at 0) - +28.5dBm
• Compressor Dynamics Time Constants - Attack time is around 1mS. Release .2 sec, fixed internally. Stereo Linkable for stereo tracks. With the EL500 powered rack, the push of a button enables linking.
• Input Impedance - 120k Ohm, Instrument In Mode,
output impedance is less than 75 ohms. 20K input impedance
in balanced Line in mode.
• Guitar adaptor cable included