The Avid MTRX 8 AES3 I/O is a 16-channel (8 x 8 bi-directional) AES3 expansion card that features automatic sample rate conversion.
The Avid MTRX 8 AES3 option card is a 4-stereo in x 4-stereo out, full-length PCIe I/O card, featuring automatic sample rate conversion. The MTRX 8 AES3 card ensures that all signals entering and leaving the MTRX appear at the same time, regardless of sample rate - just as it would on an analog system. The MTRX 8 AES3 I/O card has a 25-pin D-Sub connector in Tascam configuration, and also comes with a breakout cable to connect with equipment that has XLR AES/EBU ports. The Pro Tools | MTRX base enables you to build a 128-channel (64x64) AES3 system, using all eight of its expansion ports with MTRX AES3 I/O option cards. AES3 provides audio professionals a robust and pure digital signal path to send and return effects, bridge between digital consoles, power amps, Dante network, and other AES-equipped audio gear.
Avid Pro Tools | MTRX 8 AES3 I/O Just the Facts:
- Eight line AES3 inputs and outputs (16 channels)
- Automatic sample rate conversion built in
- Comes with AES3 breakout cable
If you need a way to return AES3-equipped outboard processors, the Pro Tools | MTRX can add AES3 channels, even as you add equipment. For more information, call or chat with your PAD Studio Consultant today.
- Digital I/O formats: AES/EBU, Pro Tools DigiLink Mini, Dante IP Audio
- Supported sample rate: Up to 192kHz MADI/up to 384kHz, and DSD
- Synchronization: AES11, Word Clock, all digital inputs; Video Sync (word clock connector) / PAL, NTSC, SECAM
- DSD sample rates: 8224 and 5.6448MHz (64 / 128FS)
- Dynamic range (A): > 128dB
- THD+N(A): < -110dB @ -3dBFS / 0.00031%
- Cross talk: < 120dB
- Max output level: Adjustable from -60dBu to 24dBu in steps of 0.1dB