The Apogee MiC Plus is a studio-quality, 24-bit/96kHz USB condenser microphone with headphone output, zero-latency blend control, and Apogee’s world-class conversion.
USB microphones initially offered the convenience of recording direct into your computer without expensive preamps and outboard, but their sound quality left a little to be desired. Those days have passed. Not only does the Apogee MiC+ feature Apogee’s world-class conversion and preamp technology (what more do you actually need?), it also has a zero-latency Blend control that enables you to monitor backing tracks and vocals with no latency. MiC+ is an ideal choice for vocals, voice-overs, instruments, percussion, and podcasts—anything you record! With MiC+ and your iPhone or computer, you can make amazing recordings on the go.
Apogee MiC Plus—Just the Facts:
- Professional cardioid condenser microphone capsule
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality up to 24-bit/96kHz
- 46dB of mic preamp gain, digitally controlled for greater precision
- Powerful headphone output with Blend feature for zero-latency monitoring
- No configuration required, just plug in and record
- Comes with mini tripod, mic stand adapter, USB micro-B to Lightning cable, USB micro-B to USB-A adapter cable, and USB micro-B to USB-C adapter cable
- Optional Carrying Case (sold separately)
- Made in the U.S.A.
Apogee MiC Plus—Behind the Grille
Apogee MiC Plus combines a microphone, microphone preamp and A/D and D/A converters into one compact device. Apogee’s PureDIGITAL signal path delivers the highest quality signal possible with the lowest noise.
The Apogee MiC+ has a professional-quality cardioid condenser capsule. On the front-facing side of the mic housing are three multicolor LEDs that display status, input level, and Blend mode. Beneath the LEDs is a headphone output blend control that enables zero-latency recording, and a flush-mounted dual function rotary knob/push button that sets input gain (rotary) and mute (push).
Headphone output with zero-latency Blend feature
MiC Plus also features a 1/8" stereo headphone output and Blend function for zero latency monitoring. The Blend setting on MiC Plus allows you to easily adjust how much of the microphone input you hear compared to the recorded signal coming from your software, enabling you to dial in the perfect mix.
MiC+ Plus is small enough to fit in your pocket and connects to iOS devices or your laptop, making it ideal for recording on the go.
MiC Plus’ professional-quality capsule, high sensitivity and ample gain give it a sound that is similar to a top studio condenser microphone going through a high-end mic preamp. You won’t find a better sounding USB microphone at this price point.
All-in-one direct recording
With MiC Plus, there’s no complicated setup. Just connect to your computer or iOS device, select MiC Plus as your audio interface and record in your favorite app.
Applications for MiC Plus
MiC Plus simplifies the recording process for voice-overs, podcasts and interviews while delivering professional broadcast quality results, wherever you need to be.
MiC Plus features a sensitive capsule and wide dynamic range for capturing any singer or acoustic instrument, from soft vocals to hard rock drums. Whether you are in a recording studio, your bedroom or on the road, MiC Plus will deliver professional, album-quality sound. MiC Plus features a sensitive capsule wide dynamic range for capturing any singer or acoustic instrument, from soft vocals to hard rock drums. And because you can easily set your input gain level directly on MiC Plus, your tracks will be distortion-free.
Audio for Video
Whether you’re creating YouTube videos, streaming on Facebook Live or broadcasting on Twitch, Apogee MiC Plus is the best investment you will ever make to dramatically improve the audio quality of your videos.
Meet the MiCs
Apogee MiC+ and HypeMiC are both studio-grade, USB microphones that connect directly to your iPhone, Mac or Windows computer and deliver simple, high-quality recordings on the go. Apogee MiC + and HypeMiC offer the same outstanding sonic performance in a portable package, ideal for capturing singing, acoustic instruments, voice-overs, podcasting, interviews and more. HypeMiC takes your recordings to the next level with adjustable, built-in analog compression and includes premium accessories like a pop filter, carry case and desktop tripod.
Since 1985, Apogee has been developing award-winning audio recording technology that powers many of the world’s most respected studios. Products like Symphony I/O, Duet, ONE, JAM and MiC have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances by today’s biggest artists.
MiC Plus lets you record high-quality vocals with Apogee’s world-class conversion and preamp technology, anytime, anywhere, with nothing more than a laptop and your talent. Order yours today. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Consultant today.
- Made for Mac and Windows
- PureDIGITAL USB connection for pristine sound quality
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion
- Studio quality microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording
- Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for video
- All metal construction
- Extremely compact and portable
- Bus-powered by Mac or Windows computer (no batteries or external power required)
- Made in the U.S.A.
Mac OS 10.9 or later
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel processor
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
- Computer: Windows PC with Intel/AMD x86-64 processor
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
iOS 9 or later
- Connection: Lightning
- Power: From iOS device
- iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (5th generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPod touch (6th generation), iPad touch (5th generation)
- Input Type: Micro USB
- Connections: Lightning, USB (Type-C), USB (Type-A)
- Max SPL: 130dB (1% THD at 1kHz)
- Sensitivity: -36dBfs (94 dB SPL. 1kHz)
- Noise level: -108dBfs (A) at 0dB gain
- Max gain of preamp: 46dB
- Length: 4-7/8” (124 mm)
- Width: 1-1/2” (38 mm)
- Depth: 1-1/2” (38 mm)
- Weight: 0.45 lb. (0.20 kg
- Lightning iOS cable
- USB cable (Type C)
- USB cable (Type A)
- Desktop tripod stand
- Microphone stand adapter
- Quickstart guide