AMS Neve 8051 5.1 Surround Compressor
Made by hand, the 8051 is an analogue compressor with six transformer balanced audio paths, complemented by two side chains and a key input.
Based on six 2254 compression circuits – using the same feedback topology as our legendary 33609 stereo compressor – the 8051 delivers the famous Neve sound in spades. Flexible side chain routing, trimming and filtering make this a powerful and responsive tool for surround mixing and mastering.
- Hand-built, hand-wired analogue compressor for Surround mixing
- Six transformer-balanced audio paths
- Ideal surround broadcast or mastering compressor
- Side Chain control trims and Side Chain A/B bias control
- High and low pass filter
- Electronically balanced key input and LFE filter inputs
- All other inputs transformer-balanced with 3.6kOhms input impedances
- All outputs electronically balanced, post output transformers
- Maximum output: +26dBu into 600 Ohms
- Control Voltage I/O provided for linking multiple units, or linking to 33609
- EIN (20kHz band): <-78dBu
- THD+N (for 20dBu input @ 1kHz): <0.03%
- Maximum Output Level: >26dBu into 600 ohms
- Interchannel Crosstalk: <-80dB at 15kHz
- Frequency Response ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz
The key input and LFE filter inputs are electronically balanced with an input impedance of 10kohms.
All other inputs are transformer balanced with 3.6kohms input impedances.
All outputs are electronically balanced post the output transformers, with maximum output of
+26dBu into 600ohms.
The unit is calibrated for bridging loads greater than 10kohms.
Control Voltage I/O is provided for linking multiple units, or linking to 33609 compressors.
Connection is by 15 pin D-Type (see the section on EXT control for details).
- Equivalent input noise (20kHz band): < -78dBu
- THD+N (for 20dBu input @1kHz): < 0.03%
- Maximum Output Level: > 26dBu into 600 ohms
- Interchannel Crosstalk: < -80dB at 15kHz
- LFE Filter: 12dB/octave low-pass, -3dB frequency selectable to 80Hz, 100Hz or 120Hz.
- Sidechain & Key Filters: 12dB/octave high-pass, -3dB frequency selectable to 80Hz, 100Hz or 120Hz.
- Threshold: -20dBu to +16dBu master control, with ±15dB trims on all channels.
- Make-up gain: -10dB to +20dB.
- Ratio: 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1, MAX (~8:1).
- Attack: 2ms, 4ms, 6ms, 8ms and 16ms.
- Release: 100ms, 200ms, 400ms, 800ms, 1.5s and 3s.
- Output Level Trim: 0dB to -5.5dB pad, in 0.25dB steps.