Designed and built in England, the modern-day 1073N is produced to the exact specifications of the original, matching components to ensure the sound remains true. The Class A design 1073N microphone preamplifier has 3-band EQ (fixed HF plus two switchable bands with cut/boost capability) and a high pass filter. The Neve 1073N mic pre and EQ combination adds warmth and depth to recordings, brings out subtle ambience, maintains spatial positioning, and captures a more precise image – embodying, think many engineers and producers, the essence of the Neve sound.
Building on the 1073 classic module features, the 1073N introduces extra functionality with an integrated DI input, I/O connectors for direct connection of microphones and instruments and other equipment, phantom power for powered microphones and a PSU for standalone use. It can also be fitted into compatible racks/housings or retrofit into 80 Series Neve Classic consoles. Neve – no question.
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design) with integral DI input and Phantom Power
- 3 EQ bands & HP filter
- Designed and built in England
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Can be used as a standalone module or inserted into a compatible rack or console
- Mic & Line inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80db to +20dB in 5dB steps.
- Line Input: Input impedance 10k ohms, gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps.
- DI Input: Input impedance 10M Ohms (PAD off) / 10K Ohms (PAD on) Gain +80dB to +20dB in 5dB steps.
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600Ω.
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80kHz bandwidth) into 600Ω.
- Freq Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz. EQ Out.
High Frequency: Smooth +/-16dB fixed frequency shelving
Mid Frequency: Smooth +/-18dB peaking, fixed 'Q' with
selectable centre frequencies of 0.36kHz,
0.7kHz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz & 7.2kHz.
Low Frequency: Smooth +/-16dB shelving with selectable
frequencies of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz &
High Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between
50Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz & 300Hz.
EQL Button: Switches the equaliser in or out of circuit.
Phase Button Ø : Gives 180° Phase change at Balanced
Microphone Input: Input Impedance 300W or 1200W, gain
+80dB to +20dB in 5dB steps.
Line Input: Input Impedance 10kW bridging, gain
+20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps. Both inputs
are transformer balanced and earth free.
DI Input: Input Impedance 1MW (PAD off)
10kW (PAD on). Gain +80dB to +20dB in
Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600W.
Output impedance is 75W @1kHz. Output
is transformer balanced and earth free.
Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz
at +20dBu output (80kHz bandwidth) into
Frequency Response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz
Noise: Not more than -83dBu at all Line gain
settings Eq In Flat/Out (22Hz to 22kHz
bandwidth), EIN better than -125dBu @