Launched in 1970, the original Neve 1073 module is perhaps the world’s most famous and desirable microphone preamp and EQ for recording vocals and instruments of all types. The first choice of countless leading producers and artists, the 1073 delivers the unique Neve sound featured on many of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years. The big, punchy sound of the 1073 classic complements any musical genre – from rock to pop, hip hop to rap, thrash to classical.
And now the EQ section of that classic unit is available for your 500-series rack.
Crafted in England by Neve engineers, the 1073LBEQ mono EQ module retains the unique sonic characteristics of the original 1073 classic EQ by using the same EQ circuit architecture and matching components. And it delivers it in a modern and portable form-factor that professional producers and engineers demand.
With new features like a signal presence LED and Neve’s cleverAudio Processing Insert design, the 1073LBEQ takes your 500-series rack to the next level.
Simply install into an empty slot in your compatible 500-series rack, connect your line level signals and inject the legendary Neve EQ sound into your audio creations. And it's the perfect pairing for the incredible Neve 1073LB microphone preamp module. The 1073LBEQ module can be inserted between the input and output stages of the 1073LB module, creating a true 1073 classic audio path.
- Legendary 3-band EQ design
- Rotary controls provide accurate adjustment of the 1073 3-band EQ and High Pass filter
- Signal presence LED illuminates green from a level of -25dB and red from a level of +24dB
- Switch for EQ IN/OUT function, with LED indication
- Electronically balanced circuits used in Line Input and Line Output stages for standalone module use
- Audio Processing Insert design allows the audio to/from the 1073LBEQ module to be inserted into the audio path of an existing 1073LB module (modules must be fitted in the same LunchboxTM)
- Fully screened module, packaged in Mu-metal case helps eliminate stray electromagnetic fields from LunchboxTM PSU or other module types
High Freq Smooth +/-16dB of fixed frequency shelving at 12kHz
Mid Freq Smooth +/-18dB of peaking, fixed Q, selectable centre 0.36kHz / 0.7kHz / 1.6kHz / 3.2kHz / 4.8kHz / 7.2kHz
Low Freq Smooth +/-16dB shelving 35Hz / 60Hz / 110Hz / 220Hz
High Pass Filter 18dB per octave slope 50Hz / 80Hz / 160Hz / 300Hz
EQ button Switches the Equaliser in/out of circuit
Signal LED Off below -26dB Green between -25dB and +23dB Red at +24dB or higher