From the leading broadcast facilities world-wide to the recording studios and the performance stages that have hosted the top musical artists of all genres for more than 60 years, the AKG C 414 multi-pattern condenser microphone needs little introduction. There are few microphones that are as widely accepted as a de facto part of any professional engineer's mic locker as this famous microphone. Part of what has maintained the C 414 as an industry standard has been its impressive versatility, and AKG has pushed the envelope again with the addition of the C 414 XLS this famous line.
The C 414 XLS is an astonishing microphone. Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound, it maintains the reliable sonic character of the legendary C 414 B-ULS (the longest-lived C 414 model) while introducing some astonishing new features. The 5-pattern C 414 has been one of the most universal and versatile large diaphragm microphone for decades — widely used for accurate, exquisitely detailed pickup of acoustic instruments. Now, the C 414 XLS sets a new benchmark in microphone versatility by introducing a 9-pattern design, while achieving reference-quality results through leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components.
The C 414 XLS offers nine pickup patterns which enable you to choose the perfect setting for every application. In addition to the five patterns traditionally offered by the C 414 (omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, and figure eight), you also get four intermediate settings that let you dial in the best pattern to suite your environment. It also features an astoundingly low noise floor and a 152dB dynamic range, making the C 414 XLS ideal for any musical environment. A locking mode allows you to disable all of the C 414 XLS's controls for live-sound applications and permanent installations, and a special "Peak Hold" LED displays even shortest overload peaks.
AKG C 414 XLS Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight, and four intermediate pickup patterns
- Lock Mode disables all controls easily for live and installation use
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152 dB
- Three different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Includes carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and spider-type shock mount
- Frequency range: 20 to 20 000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV) +/- 0.5 dB
- Max. SPL: 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158 dB (0/-6/-12/-18 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 6 dB-A (0 dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio: 88 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Supply voltage: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Powering: approximately 4 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Dimensions: 50 x 38 x 160 mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3 in.)
- Net weight: 300g (10.6oz.)