The ADAM Audio Sub8 is an 8.5", 160-watt, active subwoofer with 110dB peak SPL and 28-150Hz frequency range, featuring remote control of volume and crossover frequency.
The Sub8 is the next step up in ADAM’s range of subwoofers in terms of speaker size and power. It’s 8.5" woofer with large 1.5" voice coil provides bass extension down to 28Hz, filling rooms of approximately 60 sq./ft. with precise and powerful bass, thanks to its onboard 160-watt Class D (PWM) amplifier. The Sub8’s amplifier, built by ICEpower, combines low heat generation with high performance to handle maximum power levels, even during long mix sessions. The Sub8’s front panel features two motorized knobs for input level and crossover frequency settings, which can be controlled manually or remotely. An included wireless remote lets you to optimize your sound from your listening position. The Sub8 is an ideal match for the ADAM AX-Series, S1X, and S2X nearfield monitors.
ADAM Audio Sub8—Just the Facts:
- Small form-factor makes easy placement in space-challenged studios
- 5" Subwoofer (paper)
- Amplifier power RMS/Music, 160W/240W
- Frequency Response of 28Hz-150Hz
- Peak SPL 110dB
- Remote control of crossover and volume lets you adjust without leaving the sweet spot
ADAM Audio Sub8—Behind the Grille
Small footprint big sound
The Sub8 has been designed to complement monitors in the AX-Series, as well as the S1X and S2X nearfield monitors. Its compact size allows for easy placement in environments where real-estate is limited. The Sub8’s motorized front-panel volume and crossover controls can be adjusted manually or via the included remote control, which lets you make volume changes or crossover frequency adjustments from your studio sweet spot or comfy sofa (if you’ve got an ADAM-equipped home theater). The Sub8 I/O includes both balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA input and output connectors, enabling it to be used in home or studio environments.
The Sub8 has several control options allow for various adjustments to room acoustics or the satellite speakers in your system. These controls include A 0°/180° phase switch and a switchable 85Hz high-pass filter to find the best setting for an optimum in sound and performance. The low cut-off frequency of 28Hz (-3dB point) enables the Sub8 to reproduce audio in the low register in a highly authentic manner.
Efficient PWM amplifier
The PWM (pulse-width modulation) amplifier, also known as Class D switching amp, is supplied by ICEpower, a Danish company that’s a subsidiary of Bang & Olufsen. The advantage of PWM amplifiers rests in their efficiency, which is over 90%. Instead of the linear power regulation used in Class A/B amplifiers, which leads to energy losses in power transistors, Class D amplifiers use switching transistors. Nearly no energy loss occurs at the transistor, which means nearly all the power is carried to the transducer. This amplifier can handle critical passages for long periods of time without overheating.
Rear-panel I/O includes balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA input
connectors. The Sub8 also has left and right satellite outputs that connect to the inputs of the left and right main powered speakers or the inputs of the amps powering the main speakers. The satellites can be driven full range or with an 85Hz high-pass filter. There is also a phase reverse switch in case the satellites are out of phase with the subwoofer.
ADAM Sub8 features and benefits:
Linear bass reproduction down to 28Hz:
- Ideal addition to smaller nearfield monitors
Maximum Peak sound pressure in 1 m ≥ 110dB:
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction even at very high SPL
High-efficiency PWM amplifier:
- Low-distortion amplification at both low and high volume levels
Special 7" woofer with paper diaphragm :
- Unrestricted bass reproduction for low-fatigue operation
Easy manual or automatic (de-)activation (via optional footswitch)
- If desired, monitoring is possible without the low frequencies
Upper cut-off frequency is selectable between 50Hz to 150Hz
- Allows optimal adaptation of the total system on the bass performance of the satellites
Connectable high-pass filter for the satellite outputs, which blocks signals below 85Hz
- Dolby—Fair reproduction of film sound; discharging the satellites from the low frequencies
Remote control (contained in the delivery contents):
- Comfortable control in any situation
Analog XLR and RCA inputs:
- Optimized for balanced and unbalanced line signals
- Flexible positioning in room for optimal sound results
2 years warranty with optional extension to 3 years with the registration of the product
- Full repair service if required for 5 years
If you’re missing the lows from your ADAM AX-series (or any) monitors, add a Sub8 subwoofer and mix with a full frequency range. Order yours today. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist.
- Driver: 8.5" (210 mm)
- Voice coil ø: 38 mm / 1.5“
- Cone material: coated paper
- power RMS / music: 160W/240W
- Frequency response: ±3dB: 28Hz-150Hz
- THD >60Hz: ≤1 %
- SPL max in 1m: ≥ 110dB
- Crossover frequencies: 50-150Hz
- Input connectors: XLR / RCA
- Input impedance: 10k ohm
- Weight: 12 kg / 26.5 lb.
- Magnetic shielding: no
- Height x Width x Depth: 410 x 260 x 380 mm 16" x 10" x 15"
- Warranty: 5 year (2-year plus optional 3-year extended)