The ADAM Audio Sub12 is a 12", 200-watt powered subwoofer system with bass extension down to 22Hz, 115dB max SPL, and high-pass filter for ADAM AX- and SX-series near- and mid-field monitor systems.
While larger monitors with larger woofers can handle bass more effectively than your average 6" or 7" driver, the reasons to add a subwoofer remain the same, and it’s not simply to be able to crank the bass (fun as that may be). In fact, the reason has little to do with volume and much more to do with clarity across the frequency spectrum. By separating bass chores from the monitors, the critical midrange is no longer burdened by crossovers or bass resonances creeping up into the mids. Also, since instruments such as bass, kick drum, and keyboards have a frequency response that extends below the usual cutoff, a subwoofer gives you a clear view into what’s happening in the low end, making placement of bass and kick easier. In an effort to preserve headroom and clarity by filtering low frequencies willy-nilly you may discover that your mixes sound thin and unimpressive played back on other systems. The Sub12, with its extension down to 22kHz, also enables you to make intelligent and informed decisions in high-pass filtering. Plus, physical placement of a sub enables you to compensate for room modes, standing waves, and nulls that can occur from reflections from nearfield and midfield monitors. With an ADAM Sub12, you can make your mix decisions based on reality, not “inspired” guesses.
ADAM Audio Sub12—Just the Facts:
- 12" subwoofer (paper)
- Amplifier power RMS/Music, 200W/300W
- Frequency response, 22Hz-150Hz
- Maximum peak SPL 115dB
- Energy-saving “Signal On” mode
- Easy manual or automatic deactivation for monitoring with or without the sub
- Additional sub output enables dual sub system
ADAM Sub12—Behind the Grille
The ADAM Sub12 features a special woofer with extended cone travel and heavy-duty coil optimized for accurate reproduction via bass reflex enclosure. The down-firing bass reflex tube avoids intrusive ventilation noise because of its large size and shape.
Highly efficient Class D amplifier
The PWM (pulse-width modulation) amplifier produces over 90% efficiency and can handle critical passages without overheating for long periods of time. An additional output allows you to cascade as many subwoofers as needed.
The Sub12 subwoofer provides a precise combination of low cutoff frequency (-3dB at 22Hz) and an undistorted high sound pressure level (115dB SPL at 1m).
I/O and rear-panel controls
The Sub12 I/O includes left/right balanced XLR and RCA unbalanced inputs and outputs. The Sub12 has a phase switch that enables you correct phase in relation to the mains. The rear panel also has a balanced XLR sub out that mirrors the input signal, which allows you to daisy-chain as many Sub12s as you like. The Sub Level control lets you control the volume of all the subs at once. The satellites can be driven full range or with an 85Hz high pass.
The Sub12 controls include Sub Level, which controls the Input Sensitivity from -60dB to +6dB. It also has a Sub Filter control that adjusts the upper-frequency limit, which is variable between 50Hz to 150Hz.
There is also an energy-saving mode switch that determines how the Sub12 responds to an input signal, which is either continuous, or responds to the input signal, and shuts down when no signal is present for 15 minutes.
ADAM Audio Sub12 features and benefits:
Bass reproduction down to 22Hz
- For addition to nearfield and midfield monitors
Maximum Peak sound pressure in 1 m ≥ 115dB
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction even at very high sound levels
High-efficiency PWM amplifier
- Low-distortion amplification at both low and high volume levels
Special 12" woofer with paper diaphragm
- Unrestricted bass reproduction for low-fatigue operation even at high volumes
Easy manual or automatic deactivation
- Enables mix referencing with or without low frequencies
Additional sub output
- Lets you build a dual bass array
Downward-firing bass reflex tube with large dimensions and corresponding rounding
- Prevention of air turbulence noise
Crossover frequency selectable between 50Hz-150 Hz
- Allows optimal adaptation of the total system on the bass performance of the satellites
Connectable high-pass filter for the satellite outputs, which blocks signals below 85Hz
- Dolby®-Fair reproduction of film sound
- Disconnecting the satellites from the low frequencies
2-year warranty with an optional extension to 3 years with the registration of the Sub12
- Full repair service if required for 5 years
If you want to make intelligent and informed mix decisions in the low-frequency range, add an ADAM Sub12 to your near- or mid-field system. Order yours today. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist.
- Subwoofer: 12" / 310 mm
- Voice coil diameter: 2" / 50 mm
- Woofer material: Coated paper
- Built-in amplifiers: 1
- Subwoofer channel 1/2: 200W/300W
- Frequency response: 22Hz-150Hz
- THD >60 Hz: ≤ 1%
- Maximum peak: ≥ 115dB
- Crossover frequency: 50Hz-150Hz
- Inputs: XLR / RCA
- Input impedance 10k ohm
- Weight 57.3 lb. / 26 kg
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 23-1/2" x 14" x 17-1/2" / 600 x 360 x 450 mm
- Warranty: 2 years with 3 years optional extension