ADAM Audio A7V
A NEW INDUSTRY STANDARD
The A7V is a contemporary 2-way monitor that represents the evolution of ADAM Audio’s award winning A7X. It features a 7” Multi-Layer Mineral woofer and rotatable X-ART tweeter, which is made by hand in Berlin.
DSP-based voicing, equalization and room correction options can be controlled remotely and in real time via the free-to-download A Control software, and updatable firmware allows for new filters and tunings to be implemented over the lifetime of the monitor.
- German Handmade Precision X-ART Tweeter with rotatable HPS waveguide
- 7'' Woofer (Multi-Layer Mineral)
- Cumulated Amp. Power Peak: 130 W
- Frequency Response @ -6 dB: 40 Hz - 45 kHz
- Max. peak SPL per speaker at 1 m: 105 dB SPL
ADAM Audio Sub10
The ADAM Audio Sub10 MK2 is a 200W, 10" powered subwoofer capable of extending the low end of AX-, SX-series, or any nearfield or midfield monitor system down to 25Hz.
If you’ve spent any time with digital recording and mixing, which if you’re reading this, obviously you have, you’ve come to realize that with digital audio, bass is no longer the enemy as it was with analog recording and pressing vinyl (too much bass energy made needles jump out of record grooves). Coincidentally, as 5- and 6-string bass guitars became more prevalent among bassists in order to compete with the low-frequency capabilities of synthesizers, which dominated music in the ’80s, a major portion of our music migrated down to the low end of the audible spectrum. However, despite digital audio’s ability to handle greater amounts of bass, too much LF energy, particularly inaudible frequencies can eat up your headroom. Some engineers solve this problem by filtering every track, in the low end, but even with a low center frequency, filters chop off frequencies above, up into the low mids, where the body of a lot of instruments lives. All that said, wouldn’t it be nice for your mixing if you can actually hear what’s going on in the audio basement? With an ADAM Sub10 MKII you can, making mix decisions based on reality, not just cut and hope for the best. Plus, cranking the bass is a lot of fun . . .
ADAM Audio Sub10 MK2—Just the Facts:
- 10" Subwoofer (paper)
- Amplifier power RMS/Music, 200W/300W
- Frequency response, 25Hz-150Hz
- peak SPL at 1 m: ≥113dB
- Energy-saving “Signal On” mode
- Easy manual or automatic deactivation for monitoring with or without the sub
ADAM Audio Sub10 MK2—Behind the Grille
The ADAM Sub10 MK2 features a special woofer with extended cone travel and heavy-duty coil optimized for accurate reproduction via bass reflex enclosure. The down-firing bass reflex tube avoids intrusive ventilation noise because of its large size and shape.
Efficient Class D amplifier
The PWM (pulse-width modulation) amplifier produces over 90% efficiency and can handle critical passages without overheating for long periods of time. An additional output allows you to cascade as many subwoofers as needed.
The Sub10 MK2 subwoofer provides a precise combination of low cutoff frequency (-3dB at 25Hz) and an undistorted high sound pressure level (113dB at 1m).
I/O and rear-panel controls
The Sub10 MK2 I/O includes left/right balanced XLR and RCA unbalanced inputs and outputs. The Sub10 MK2 has a phase switch that enables you correct phase in relation to the mains. The rear panel also has a balanced XLR sub out that mirrors the input signal, which allows you to daisy-chain as many Sub10s as you like. The Sub Level control lets you control the volume of all the subs at once. The satellites can be driven full range or with an 85Hz high pass.
The Sub10 M2 controls include Sub Level, which controls the Input Sensitivity from -60dB to +6dB. It also has a Sub Filter control that adjusts the upper-frequency limit, which is variable between 50Hz to 150Hz.
There is also an energy-saving mode switch that determines how the Sub10 MK2 responds to an input signal, which is either continuous, or responds to the input signal, and shuts down when no signal is present for 15 minutes.
ADAM Audio Sub10 Mk2 features and benefits
Linear bass reproduction down to 25Hz:
- An ideal addition to nearfield and midfield monitors for low-frequency extension
Maximum Peak sound pressure in 1 m: ≥ 113dB:
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction even at very high sound levels
High-efficiency PWM amplifier:
- Low-distortion amplification at both low and high volume levels
Special 10" woofer with paper diaphragm:
- Unrestricted bass reproduction for low-fatigue operation even at high volumes
Easy manual or automatic deactivation:
- Enables monitoring without the low frequencies
Downward-firing bass reflex tube with generous dimensions and corresponding rounding
- Prevention of air turbulence noise
Upper cut-off frequency is selectable between 50Hz-150Hz:
- Allows optimal adaptation of the total system on the bass performance of the satellites
Connectable high-pass filter for the satellite outputs, which blocks signals below 85Hz
- Dolby-reproduction of film sound
- Disconnects the satellites from the low frequencies
If you want to make intelligent and informed mix decisions in the low-frequency range, adding a Sub10 MK2 is a wise decision. Order yours today. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist.
- Subwoofer: 10" / 260 mm
- Voice coil diameter: 2" / 50 mm
- Woofer material: Coated paper
- Built-in amplifiers: 1
- Subwoofer channel 1/2: 200W/300W
- Frequency response: 25Hz-150Hz
- THD >60 Hz: ≤ 1%
- Maximum peak: ≥ 113dB
- Crossover frequency: 50Hz-150Hz
- Inputs: XLR / RCA
- Input impedance 10k ohm
- Weight 46.3 lb. / 21 kg
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 22" x 12" x 15-1/2" / 560 x 300 x 400 mm
- Warranty: 2 years