Due to the Recent fire at the AKM Manufacturing Facility where many of their chips were made, Universal Audio is temporarily halting production on all DSP based products until a solution is found.
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad USB is a hardware DSP accelerator with four SHARC processors that includes the UAD Analog Classics Bundle of premier powered plug-ins plus access to over 90 additional plug-ins—VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 support; Mac OS X and Windows compatible.
Ever since Bill Putnam Sr. gave us the 1176, LA-2A, and 610 Universal Audio has been at the forefront of recording with genre-defining sounds that occupied the racks of top studios and recording professionals. And now, with UAD powered plug-ins, Bill Putnam Jr. has brought those same sounds into the 21st century, which, rather than racks, now occupy the desktops of audio professionals thanks to the UAD-2 Satellite hardware DSP accelerator. All it takes is a USB-enabled Mac or PC and the world of high-end pro audio processing is yours in ways previously unavailable. The UAD-2 Satellite gives you virtual racks of gear modeled from the best examples of processors by Neve, Manley, Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Fairchild, Pultec, Roland, EMT, Empirical Labs, SSL, MXR, and many more, with new models continually being added to the UAD library.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad USB—Just the Facts:
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via USB 3.0 on PC's running Windows
- Access over 100 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on USB 3-equipped Windows PC's
- Available in QUAD and OCTO models w/ 4 or 8 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Available in Core, Custom & Ultimate packages
- All packages include Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more (VST, RTAS, AAX 64)
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo Twin USB
- Supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-Bit Editions)
- Try before you buy with the 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins
- Access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins Library/Online Store
- Fan-free design for silent operation
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad—Under the Hood
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment—from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Professional QUAD Processing Power, Wherever You Go
Featuring four individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator's outboard processing “supercharges” your host computer — letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it’s portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on a USB-equipped Mac or PC.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you’re ready to start mixing with legendary tube gear like the Fairchild® 670 and the Pultec® EQP-1A EQ. You also get a dedicated suite of powerful mixing plug-ins and UA’s landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in.
- UA 610‐B
- Fairchild 670 Legacy
- Teletronix LA‐2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP‐1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
Who’s Using the UAD-2 Satellite:
“My UAD-2 Satellite is quickly becoming a classic piece of outboard gear. I’m using it on every mix.” —Joe Chiccarelli (Jason Mraz, Beck, The Strokes, Morrissey)
“UAD plug-ins are always my first choice. Now the UAD-2 Satellite, I can have them all the time.” — Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead, Charlotte Gainsbourg)
“The UAD-2 Satellite gives me access to the world-class plug-ins I’ve come to rely on, with way more power, and in a package that I can toss in my siotcase or backpack.” — Ryan West (Eminem, Kanye West, Kid Cudi)
“UAD-2 is the first plug-in set that replaces hardware I own—that’s a big deal.” — Vance Powell (The Raconteurs, Jars of Clay)
“UA gear (UAD-2) really helps bring the tradition of classic recording to the modern workflow.” — Fab Dupont (Shakira, Santigold, Jennifer Lopez)
“UAD plug-ins are amazing . . . I’ve used them on all my projects for the last few years.” — Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys)
With the UAD-2 Satellite Quad USB you don't have to spend decades and a fortune amassing the best processors pro audio has to offer. Order yours today. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist.
- External enclosure: Fan-less with external power supply
- Connectivity: USB 3.0
- Processors: 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supported plug-in formats: Compatible with VST, RTAS, Audio Units, and AAX 64
- Sample rate support: 1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- Width: 7"
- Length: 6-3/4"
- Height: 1-3/4"
- Weight: 2.24 lb.
- Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions)
- Available built-in USB 3 SuperSpeed port*
- Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor*
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable (included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better recommended
- 2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) are not recommended
- USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 expansion cards) are not tested for Apollo Twin USB or UAD-2 Satellite USB connections