Pro Audio Design (PAD)—What we do:
With Dave Malekpour of Augspurger Monitors fame at the helm, plus over 100 years of collective experience, Pro Audio Design's technical department comprises a team of highly respected experts in each aspect of studio design. Much like Voltron, we combine forces to integrate a complete, all-encompassing system—one that’s uniquely constructed to suit you, your work, the space you’re in, and the clients you serve (or want to attract).
Here are a few of the tech services PAD offers:
- Acoustic design, architecture, and treatment for any size venue
- Patchbay and wiring systems—from a single D-Sub to a multi-room facility
- Custom electronics
- Custom vintage equipment racks
- Custom studio furniture
- Repair and maintenance
- Warranty service
- Refurbishing, upgrades and modifications
- PAD works on-site or in our tech facility
- We also collaborate with other studio designers
Pro Audio Design (PAD)—How we do it
It’s all about making a connection
In studio design, there are no off-the-rack solutions. Just like a producer approaches making a record with an artist, we’re here to build your studio—not the studio we already know how to build. To PAD, the most important and essential connection we will ever make in a studio build is with you, our client.
First we listen. Once we fully understand your creative goals, practical needs, and design aesthetic, then the work begins—building your studio the way you envision it to support the area of the recording industry you’re in, or wish to be.
PAD not only listens to you, we also understand what you need to hear. We tailor your room and playback system to speak accurately and authoritatively to the musical genre(s) you’re working in. (As Dave Pensado said to PAD’s Dave Malekpour when tuning his room, “What you like in your ear is what makes me mix better.”)
Whether we’re building a studio or selling gear, we’re in it with you for the long haul. We don’t just “sell it and forget it.” PAD prides itself on maintaining ongoing relationships with our clients, providing service beyond the sale. We want you to think of us as your extended family. So stay in touch (and would it hurt you to call your mother once in a while?).
Why choose Pro Audio Design
Pro Audio Design has decades of experience creating turnkey projects from the ground up. The PAD Group is responsible for dozens of stellar world-class studios around the globe, as well as educational facilities, live sound venues, video post-production studios, and more.
Whether we’re designing complete facilities from scratch, upgrading existing studios, or selling gear, our creative team brings world-class results to all our customers. They don't call PAD "The Systems Company" for nothing!
A free consultation call with one of our team will help steer you toward your goal with practical expertise and advice.
Pro Audio Design partial client list:
PAD has extensive experience working with colleges, universities, and media programs, as well as producers, recording engineers, mixers, and artists. Here are just a few of Pro Audio Design’s satisfied clients:
- Snoop Dogg’s Beach City Music complex
- The Penthouse Recording Studio in Manhattan
- Dave Pensado — L.A., CA
- Wyman Records — Burbank, CA
- Quad Studios — NY, NY
- Dr Dre — L.A., CA
- Vatterott College ex’treme Institute by Nelly
- Jeezy aka Young Jeezy — Atlanta, GA
Ex’pression College For Digital Arts — Emeryville, CA
- Butler University — Indianapolis, IN
- 13-time Grammy winning engineer-producer Rafa Sardina
- Paradise Garage, for producer/composer Robert Clivillés’ of C+C Music Factory
- Alicia Keys’ Oven Studio
- Bomb Shelter Studios, Eric Kretz, drummer for Stone Temple Pilots
- Timbaland Studios
- Roc The Mic Studios
- Dark Pines Studios
- Big3 Studios
- Clive Davis Department at NYU — NY, NY
- Grey Noise Recording — NY, NY
- Gradwell House — Haddon Heights, NJ
- Drumma Boy — Atlanta, GA
- Loud House — Atlanta, GA
- Future — Atlanta, GA
- Means Street — Atlanta, GA
- Akon — L.A., CA; Atlanta, GA
- Rebel 11 — Miami, FL
- Echo Bar — L.A., CA
- Motiff Music
- Teddy Riley
- SAE Institute Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- California State University — Chico, CA