Due to the Recent fire at the AKM Manufacturing Facility where many of their chips were made, Universal Audio is temporarily halting production on all DSP based products until a solution is found.
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Core Thunderbolt is a hardware DSP accelerator with four SHARC processors that includes the UAD Analog Classics Bundle of premier powered plug-ins plus access to over 90 additional plug-ins—VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 support; Mac OS X and Windows compatible.
Ever since Bill Putnam Sr. gave us the 1176, LA-2A, and 610 Universal Audio has been at the forefront of recording with genre-defining sounds that occupied the racks of top studios and recording professionals. And now, with UAD powered plug-ins, Bill Putnam Jr. has brought those same sounds into the 21st century, which, rather than racks, now occupy the desktops of audio professionals thanks to the UAD-2 Satellite hardware DSP accelerator. All it takes is a Thunderbolt 1 or 2-enabled Mac or PC and the world of high-end pro audio processing is yours in ways previously unavailable. The UAD-2 Satellite gives you virtual racks of gear modeled from the best examples of processors by Neve, Manley, Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Fairchild, Pultec, Roland, EMT, Empirical Labs, SSL, MXR, and many more, with new models continually being added to the UAD library.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad Thunderbolt—Just the Facts:
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt on Mac and Windows 10
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Also available in Custom, and Ultimate software packages, featuring a range of additional plug-ins
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad—Under the Hood
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment—from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Professional QUAD Processing Power, Wherever You Go
Featuring four individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator's outboard processing “supercharges” your host computer — letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it’s portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on a Thunderbolt-equipped Mac or PC.
Expandable Processing Power, from QUAD to OCTO
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces, including Apollo Twin, DUO, QUAD, and 16 for truly scalable mixing power.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
Select from Core, Custom, and Ultimate 7 software packages
UAD-2 Core packages include the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom packages include the Analog Classics Plus bundle, plus a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The Ultimate 7 is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 99 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software 9.7.
Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you’re ready to start mixing with legendary tube gear like the Fairchild® 670 and the Pultec® EQP-1A EQ. You also get a dedicated suite of powerful mixing plug-ins and UA’s landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in.
- UA 610‐B
- Fairchild 670 Legacy
- Teletronix LA‐2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP‐1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
With the improved power of Thunderbolt, the UAD-2 Satellite Quad lets you pile on the plug-ins for today’s massive, high track-count projects. Order yours today. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist.
- External enclosure: Fan-less with external power supply
- Connectivity: Thunderbolt 2
- Processors: 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supported plug-in formats: Compatible with VST, RTAS, Audio Units, and AAX 64
- Sample rate support: 1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz
- Width: 7"
- Length: 6-3/4"
- Height: 1-3/4"
- Weight: 2.24 lb.
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt port
- (Mac) macOS 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.12 Sierra, or 10.13 High Sierra
- PC computer with built-in Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C port
- Windows 10 w/Anniversary Update (64-Bit Edition)
- Qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (sold separately)
- Thunderbolt 2 cable (sold separately)
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended