The Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo PCIe is a DPS accelerator in PCIe format with eight SHARC processors that connects internally to your PC or in a Thunderbolt-enabled PCIe expansion chassis for Mac.
If you prefer a clean desktop or control surface and the faster and more stable internal bus connection in a PC, the Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo PCIe is the answer. It enables you to take the load off your host CPU and run more world-class UAD Powered Plug-ins, including exclusive analog emulations from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Moog, Marshall, SSL and more. These UAD plug-in packages feature a user-installable DSP Accelerator Card for your desktop tower or PCIe expansion chassis, plus a choice of software bundles to give you vintage tone and character, right out of the box.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo PCIe Card
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac and PC towers and PCIe expansion chassis
- 8 SHARC processors
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Includes DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format), plus a choice of Core, Custom or Ultimate UAD plug-in packages
- Available in Quad models w/4 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Includes Analog Classics Plus (UAD-2 Octo) plug-in bundles
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt, UAD-2 Satellite FireWire, and Apollo audio interfaces
- VST, AU, RTAS , and AAX 64 support; Mac OS X and Windows 10 compatible
Universal Audio UAD-2 Octo PCIE—Cracking the Code
UAD: Industry-standard plug-ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment—from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Available with Octo and Quad Core power
UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards are available in Octo and Quad configurations, with four or eight individual SHARC processors respectively. The eight-chip UAD-2 Octo is perfect for UAD power users, allowing professionals to craft mixes filled with the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins. The four-processor UAD-2 Quad is a workhorse of modern mixing, giving project studios the power to run medium-sized sessions. Up to six UAD-2 devices can be combined in a single system.
Select from Core, Custom, and Ultimate 7 Software packages
UAD-2 Core packages include the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom packages include the Analog Classics Plus bundle, plus a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The Ultimate 7 is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 99 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software 9.7.*
UAD craftsmanship—behind the curtain
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
Power up your PC or Mac with Universal Audio’s UAD-2 Octo PCIe Powered Plug-ins. Order yours today. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Consultant.
- High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express card (PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- UAD-2 QUAD/OCTO: full-height, short PCIe card (6.6" x 4.2" when fully seated)
- 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support
- UAD-2 PCIe Cards
- UAD Powered Plug-Ins version 8.7
- Note: For important PCIe compatibility information with Apple Mac Pro (Late 2013), click here.
- (Win) Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions)
- (Mac) OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, or 10.11 El Capitan
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software