Due to the Recent fire at the AKM Manufacturing Facility where many of their chips were made, Universal Audio is temporarily halting production on all DSP based products until a solution is found.
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad FireWire is a hardware DSP accelerator with four SHARC processors that includes the UAD Analog Classics Bundle of premier powered plug-ins plus access to over 90 additional plug-ins—VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 support; Mac OS X / Windows.
Ever since Bill Putnam Sr. gave us the 1176, LA-2A, and 610 Universal Audio has been at the forefront of recording with genre-defining sounds that occupied the racks of top studios and recording professionals. And now, with UAD powered plug-ins, Bill Putnam Jr. has brought those same sounds into the 21st century, which, rather than racks, now occupy the desktops of audio professionals thanks to the UAD-2 Satellite hardware DSP accelerator. All it takes is a FireWire-enabled Mac or PC and the world of high-end pro audio processing is yours in ways previously unavailable. The UAD-2 Satellite gives you virtual racks of gear modeled from the best examples of processors by Neve, Manley, Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Fairchild, Pultec, Roland, EMT, Empirical Labs, SSL, MXR, and many more, with new models continually being added to the UAD library. Best of all, with the UAD-2 Satellite Quad FireWire, you can take it with you.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad FireWire—Just the Facts:
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via FireWire 800/400 connection
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Includes portable DSP Accelerator unit (FireWire format), plus a choice of Core, Custom or Ultimate UAD plug-in packages
- Available in DUO and QUAD models w/ 2 or 4 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Allows taking UAD plug-ins “on the road,” mixing on Intel-based Macs and Windows PCs*
- Includes Analog Classics (Satellite DUO) or Analog Classics Plus (Satellite QUAD) plug-in bundles
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interfaces
- VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 support; Mac OS X and Windows compatible
Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Quad—Under the Hood
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment—from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Professional QUAD Processing Power, Wherever You Go
Featuring four individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator's outboard processing “supercharges” your host computer — letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it’s portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on a FireWire-equipped Mac or PC.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you’re ready to start mixing with legendary tube gear like the Fairchild® 670 and the Pultec® EQP-1A EQ. You also get a dedicated suite of powerful mixing plug-ins and UA’s landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in.
- UA 610‐B
- Fairchild 670 Legacy
- Teletronix LA‐2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP‐1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
Who’s Using the UAD-Satellite
“My UAD-2 Satellite is quickly becoming a classic piece of outboard gear. I’m using it on every mix.” —Joe Chiccarelli (Jason Mraz, Beck, The Strokes, Morrissey)
“UAD plug-ins are always my first choice. Now the UAD-2 Satellite, I can have them all the time.” — Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead, Charlotte Gainsbourg)
“The UAD-2 Satellite gives me access to the world-class plug-ins I’ve come to rely on, with way more power, and in a package that I can toss in my siotcase or backpack.” — Ryan West (Eminem, Kanye West, Kid Cudi)
“UAD-2 is the first plug-in set that replaces hardware I own—that’s a big deal.” — Vance Powell (The Raconteurs, Jars of Clay)
“UA gear (UAD-2) really helps bring the tradition of classic recording to the modern workflow.” — Fab Dupont (Shakira, Santigold, Jennifer Lopez)
“UAD plug-ins are amazing . . . I’ve used them on all my projects for the last few years.” — Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys)
With the UAD-2 Satellite Quad you don't have to spend decades and a fortune amassing the best processors pro audio has to offer. Order yours today. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist.
- Connectivity: FireWire 800/400
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz
- External enclosure w/ power supply
Length 8" long
Weight: 2 lb.
- Win) Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 (64-Bit Editions)
- (Mac) macOS 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.12 Sierra, or 10.13 High Sierra
- Available FireWire 800 port*
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
*On Windows systems, a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter card is required