We engineered Foundation USB cables with the same technologies found in other Foundation Series cables plus newly developed technologies first developed for our flagship Galileo SX Active Ground Block and HDSX Ground Cables. From the Galileo Ground Block, we adapted the same UEF compound for an even lower noise floor and increased holographic realism compared to other Foundation Series cables. We then apply the same 3-Stage High Voltage Process first developed for our new HDSX Ground Cables to increase resolution without the listening fatigue generally associated with digital cables this resolving. As always, you are encouraged to audition Foundation USB cables in your system risk-free and make up your mind in the only space that matters, your home system.
UEF Matrix Shield with Graphene
Atmosphere X began when we started exploring ways to improve our UEF Shielding by applying UEF Technology first developed for our BLUE Fuses to Atmosphere Series cables. By placing UEF Tech in a grid pattern on the shields of Atmosphere cables we were able to dramatically lower the noise floor with a surprising increase in musicality or the subjective enjoyment of music. We then began a painstaking double-blind 6-month trial where we would listen to seemingly identical cables marked with random alphanumeric codes to conceal differing patterns of UEF Tech inside each prototype cable and record which options elicited the strongest responses among a control group of listeners. By gauging actual emotional response, we were able to isolate grid patterns that better conveyed the essence of music. We would then build on these patterns to find additional patterns that performed better than the last. In this way, our latest shielding technology is highly evolved from anything we have ever done before with each shield pattern selected for its ability to not only lower a cable’s noise floor but to also convey a greater sense of musical enjoyment. The net result is the most advanced shielding technology we have ever developed with each model in the Atmosphere X Series gaining a special shielding pattern that best compliments the geometries of ALIVE, EXCITE and EUPHORIA.
SRX Long Duration High Voltage Conditioning.
After perfecting the most natural-sounding and holographic cables in our history, we set out to take them further with a new high voltage conditioning process that applies a sweeping frequency plot for an extended duration. We experimented with dozens of frequencies in different combinations over a prolonged time period before landing on just the right mix. We even built a new Tesla Coil to handle the excess heat generated during long conditioning sessions. Once finalized, the SRX conditioning process created holographic realism and timbrel accuracy far beyond our previous Tesla Coil conditioning protocol.
Foundation USB Specifications:
Foundation USB Build Notes:
4 each Copper Matrix conductors:
- 23 gauge solid copper conductors
- Dielectric: Solid Polyethylene
- Shielding: Dual Silver Mylar / Braid shield-Quantum Tunneled Ground Plane Technology
- Listened for signal direction before build
- Hand crafted in our California factory
- Foundation UEF Graphene Shield: 2 different UEF coatings with Graphene are applied to connectors and cabling significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail. The conductors also benefit from dampening effect that UEF provides
- Three Stage Quantum Treatment: The completed cable is treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at highly specific frequencies and varying pulse modulations. This process (known as Quantum Tunneling) creates a “channel” in the conductor material and at all contact points, aligning every one of Foundation cables’ metal elements down to the molecular level. This process smooths the digital pathway, allowing more of the signal’s energy to flow more freely. Quantum Tunneling improves every aspect of cable performance, especially low-level detail retrieval, enabling Foundation cables to deliver the highest amount of musical realism.
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- Hand build time: 1 hours
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in our California factory