Foundation Digital cables employ the same technology found in other Foundation Series cables, plus cutting edge technology first developed for our new state-of-the-art Galileo Active Ground Block and Galileo SX PowerCell. As such, they are the highest performance Foundation Series cables to date. Sonically they embody all the characteristics that have made Foundation Series cables famous, including a high level of detail without fatigue, deep bass extension with a natural mid-range, and musicality few high-resolution cables can match. But what sets these cables apart from other Foundation Series cables is their holographic realism, something the Foundation Series is already famous for thanks to a new conditioning process first developed for Galileo Series electronics. And when Foundation Series cables are applied systemwide, you enjoy performance that exceeds even the best cables from our competition but at an affordable price point.
UEF Matrix Shield with Graphene
Atmosphere X began when we started exploring ways to improve our UEF Shielding by applying UEF Technology first developed for our BLUE Fuses to Atmosphere Series cables. By placing UEF Tech in a grid pattern on the shields of Atmosphere cables we were able to dramatically lower the noise floor with a surprising increase in musicality or the subjective enjoyment of music. We then began a painstaking double-blind 6-month trial where we would listen to seemingly identical cables marked with random alphanumeric codes to conceal differing patterns of UEF Tech inside each prototype cable and record which options elicited the strongest responses among a control group of listeners. By gauging actual emotional response, we were able to isolate grid patterns that better conveyed the essence of music. We would then build on these patterns to find additional patterns that performed better than the last. In this way, our latest shielding technology is highly evolved from anything we have ever done before with each shield pattern selected for its ability to not only lower a cable’s noise floor but to also convey a greater sense of musical enjoyment. The net result is the most advanced shielding technology we have ever developed with each model in the Atmosphere X Series gaining a special shielding pattern that best compliments the geometries of ALIVE, EXCITE and EUPHORIA.
SRX Long Duration High Voltage Conditioning.
After perfecting the most natural-sounding and holographic cables in our history, we set out to take them further with a new high voltage conditioning process that applies a sweeping frequency plot for an extended duration. We experimented with dozens of frequencies in different combinations over a prolonged time period before landing on just the right mix. We even built a new Tesla Coil to handle the excess heat generated during long conditioning sessions. Once finalized, the SRX conditioning process created holographic realism and timbrel accuracy far beyond our previous Tesla Coil conditioning protocol.
Foundation Digital Interconnect Specifications:
1 each RCA, 2 each XLR Silver Matrix Conductor:
- Silver Matrix Signal conductor: Monocrystal conductors with copper core
- Dielectric: Solid Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Maximum Frequency: 12.4 Ghz
- Geometry: SPDIF single run / AES/EBU double run
RCA and XLR Connectors:
- Silver Teflon SR 20 SPDIF or Neutrik NC3FX-BAG, NC3MX-BAG, AES/EBU connectors
- 4 (RCA) 6 (XLR) point-to-point hand soldered connections
- Foundation UEF Matrix Shielding: UEF coating with Graphene is applied directly to connectors significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail
- Silver Solder: 4%
- Hand build time: 1.25 hours
- Quantum Tunneling: Two Stage, Post Production process, 1 million volts are passed through finished cable providing a “canal” that allows electrons to pass more freely through conductor material and connections
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in our California factory