Solid State Logic Alpha-Link MADI-SX
This is a pre-owned unit that is PAD-certified for “ like new” performance and reliability.
The Alpha-Link MADI-SX is a MADI and AES/EBU-based converter featuring high-quality enhanced SSL AD/DA circuitry with up to 64 channels of MADI I/O (48kHz), 24 channels of AES/EBU I/O, and 24 channels of analog I/O on D-Sub connectors.
The Alpha-Link MADI SX is a 2U-high rack-mountable, 24-channel AD/DA converter featuring high-quality SSL-enhanced circuitry and offering a choice of digital audio format options. The Alpha-Link MADI-SX is a 56/64-channel MADI interface with 24-channels of analog I/O at up to 96kHz over DB-25 connectors, 24 channels of AES/EBU digital I/O via 12 pairs of balanced XLR connectors, word clock, and MIDI I/O. The Alpha-Link provides a great means of returning professional AES-equipped effects units and can be used as a standalone format converter. When used in combination with an RME HDSPe MADI card or SSL Mixpander PCI card it provides a powerful, highly flexible I/O solution for native PC-based audio workstations. When the unit is connected to a Mixpander card the inputs and outputs can be routed individually from the PC using the SSL Mixer software.
Solid State Logic Alpha-Link MADI-SX—Just the Facts:
- 56 or 64 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 48kHz, 28 or 32 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 96kHz
- 24 balanced analog inputs and outputs with SSL enhanced A-D/D-A at up to 96kHz on D-Sub connectors (for use with D-Sub to XLR looms)
- Word/Super Clock input and output
- Video Sync input functionality for the Word Clock input: the Video Sync. signal can be converted to Word Clock internally and transmitted via the Word Clock output
- MIDI input and output
- Connects to Mixpander via Expansion Bus port
- All input and output channels can be used simultaneously in any configuration
- Comprehensive input/output routing and mode selection matrix
- Analog input/output metering via 24 tri-color LEDs
SSL Alpha-Link MADI-SX—Under the Hood
The number of channels available provided by the Alpha-Link is determined by the sample rate and in certain circumstances by the mode of operation chosen. It can operate at one of four nominal sample rates; 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, and 96kHz. If locked to an external clock source, the Alpha-Link can operate at a deviation of up to ±10% from these rates. The Alpha-Link MADI-SX can also be used as a standalone format converter.
The Alpha-Link MADI-SX offers simple front-panel controls for configuration with a comprehensive input/output routing matrix that can be used to set up global connections between its various I/O connections. Using just two buttons, any input group (AES/EBU, Analog, or MADI) can be connected to any output group. There is also a meter section for the analog inputs and outputs with an AD/DA selection button, mode indicator LEDs, and 24 tri-color level LEDs. And of course, behind the front panel is pure SSL Superanalogue sound quality.
The SSL Alpha-Link MADI-SX offers tremendous bang for the buck with 24 channels of record-quality conversion for the professional studio or live sound mixer, yet is affordable enough for a home studio. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist today.