The SSL Stereo Bus Compressor is a two-space compressor module for X-Rack that comes from the center section of the 1980's G-Series analog console
The SSL Bus Compressor, also known as the Channel G compressor, is perhaps one of the most famous single components of SSL lore. It’s been used on the 2-bus of more hit singles than any other compressor, and by top mixers in its rackmount form. It’s also been copied by several boutique manufacturers who want to bask in the halo of SSL’s legendary bus compression. It is a simple unit with a simple purpose; it makes complete mixes sound bigger, with more power, punch, and drive. It brings cohesion and strength to your mix without compromising clarity. It has a knack for filling out the midrange, which is usually lacking in digital mixes. The Stereo Bus Compressor Module brings this classic audio glue to you with spectacular SuperAnalogue audio performance as found in the XL 9000 K series consoles. And if you’re not sure about your 2-bus compression skills, the Auto release works like magic on just about any and every mix.
SSL Stereo Bus Compressor Module—Just the Facts:
- Classic sonic character and mix finalizing capabilities of SSL Stereo Bus Compression
- True Stereo side-chain input for external signal keying
- Link control enables several modules to be combined for surround compression
- Gain reduction meter as fitted to the classic SSL console range
- Electronically balanced XLR connections
Whatever you choose to put in your X-Rack, make sure you leave room for the Stereo Bus Compressor—it’s not an SSL mix without it. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist today.
- Input impedance: > 10k ohm
- Output headroom: > +26dBu at onset of clipping
- THD + Noise*: < 0.03% (20Hz – 20kHz)
- (input terminated with 50 ohms): < –90dBu
- Frequency Response*: ±0.3dB from 20Hz to 20kHz –3dB at 90kHz
- Crosstalk: < –100dB
- Common Mode Rejection: > 70dB from 50Hz to 1kHz; > 60dB at 10kHz
- Depth: 7-15/16" / 200 mm (including front panel knobs, excluding connectors)
- Depth: 10-15/16" / 275 mm (including front panel knobs and connectors)
- Height: 6-3/4" / 171 mm
- Width (Front/rear panels): 2-13/16" / 70 mm
- Overall width (front and rear panels are offset): 3-5/16" / 84 mm
- Weight: 1.2 lb. / 520g
*When the compressor is enabled, these measurements will be dependent on attack and release times and signal content.