The SSL Network I/O : MADI-Bridge is a standalone, 64-channel, bi-directional broadcast specification MADI-to-Dante audio network interface
The SSL Network I/O : MADI-Bridge is a broadcast specification bridge between the industry standard MADI audio format and the up and coming industry standard network audio protocol, Dante AoIP (Audio over IP). The MADI-Bridge enables C100 and C10 Digital Broadcast Consoles or any other standard MADI device to connect to Dante-based IP Audio networks with full redundancy for broadcast environments, where nothing less than zero downtime is acceptable.
Built for uninterrupted operation, keeping critical devices and audio paths functioning throughout the broadcast facility, the MADI-Bridge features redundant PSU, MADI ports, and IP Network ports.
SSL Network I/O : MADI-Bridge - Just the Facts:
- Interface MADI and IP Audio Networks using Dante AoIP
- Bidirectional sample-rate conversion between any asynchronous sample rates, from 44.1kHz to 192kHz
- 32-bit MADI control tunneling
- Word Clock out - Clock a MADI device to the Dante Network
- Virtual Headphone Patch- 4 location Monitoring and Signal Present Metering to truly replace your patch bay with a digital network while retaining confidence and fault finding tools
- Redundant: PSU, MADI ports, Dante Ports, Sync In - Full Broadcast Spec Redundancy
- Redundant Network extension ports - Local IO at bridge without a switch
- GPIO connectivity - embed tallies across the network
- Lockout Mode - Prevent accidental alteration of front panel settings
SSL Network I/O : MADI-Bridge - Under the Hood
With 64 channels per Bridge at 48kHz and up to 512 channels per 1GB network link, Dante is fully scalable and capable of providing routing channel counts from tens to thousands and beyond using standard IT infrastructure.
In addition to the built-in clock redundancy options in Dante Controller software, the MADI-Bridge also includes a pair of redundant sync inputs for use as a Dante master clock. 32-bit MADI control tunneling allows a pair of MADI-Bridges to be used to pass audio and user bits of a MADI stream across a network. Remote location of existing MADI mics in stageboxes is now a simple task. The Bridge also increases the cost efficiency of an existing fiber cable beyond a single MADI stream. Plus, it features bi-directional sample rate conversion between any asynchronous sample rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz. Intended for use with Dante Controller and third-party Dante products, the MADI-Bridge accommodates both interoperability and the critical needs of Broadcasters.
Dante Controller software
Dante Controller is a free software application for Mac OS X and Windows that enables you to route audio and configure devices on a Dante network. With automatic device discovery, one-click signal routing, and user-editable device and channel labels, setting up a Dante network couldn't be easier. Dante Controller is much more than just a configuration and routing matrix. It provides essential device status information and powerful real-time network monitoring, including device-level latency and clock stability stats, multicast bandwidth usage, and customized event logging, enabling you to quickly identify and resolve any potential network issues. You can also quickly and easily backup, restore, move, and reuse Dante network configurations using Presets, and edit Dante routing configurations offline.
Dante Controller key features:
- View all Dante-enabled audio devices and their channels on the network
- View and edit device clock and network settings
- Route audio between devices, and view the state of existing audio routes
- Rename devices and channels using your own friendly names
- Customize the receive latency (latency before play-out)
- Save and reapply audio routing presets
- Edit presets offline, and apply as configurations for new network deployments
- Change sample rates and clock settings
- View multicast bandwidth across the network
- View transmit and receive bandwidth for each device
- View device performance information, including latency stats, clock stability stats, and packet errors
- Lock and unlock devices
- Filter device lists by name, sample rate, latency, and other parameters
- View comprehensive, configurable event logs
SSL Network I/O : MADI-Bridge front-panel
The SSL MADI-Bridge features a front-panel headphone socket with rotary level control and built-in headphone monitor routing. Simple controls facilitate routing mono or stereo paths from MADI In, MADI Out, Dante In, or Dante Out directly to the headphones. A front-panel LCD screen provides selectable signal present metering for MADI In, MADI Out, Dante In, and Dante Out. GPIO connections allow for transfer of tally info and switching functions across the network.