The Alpha-Link LIVE-R is a 24-channel, MADI/AES3 AD/DA converter with redundant fiber-optics, dual power supplies, and ports for up to three Alpha-Link 8-RMP 8-channel remote mic preamps
Wearing the impressive silver metallic face that says SSL spoken here, the Alpha-Link LIVE-R is a 2U-high rack-mountable multi-channel audio converter for Studio, Live, and Broadcast applications. Featuring the impressive price/performance ratio that typifies the X-Logic Alpha-Link series, the LIVE-R is a MADI and AES/EBU-based converter built with broadcast and live sound reinforcement in mind. To ensure reliability in live settings where one second of dead air is unacceptable, the Alpha-Link LIVE-R provides peace of mind with dual power supplies and fiber I/O redundancy. For convenient state setup and short mic-to preamp connections to combat RF and other electrical interference, the LIVE-R features control ports for up to three Alpha-Link 8-RMP 8-channel mic preamps, which can be remote-controlled from a C10 or C100 HDS console. Alpha-Link LIVE-R is configurable to suit either European or US broadcast analog interface levels.
SSL Alpha-Link LIVE-R—Just the Facts:
- 56/64 MADI digital I/O at up to 48kHz; 28/32 MADI digital I/O at up to 96kHz
- 24 balanced analog inputs and outputs with SSL-enhanced AD/DA at up to 96kHz over D-25 connectors (for use with D-Sub to XLR breakout)
- Video Sync input functionality for the Word Clock input: the Video Sync signal can be converted to Word Clock internally and transmitted via the Word Clock output
- All input and output channels can be used simultaneously in any configuration
- Redundant MADI Fiber-optic I/O connections
- Dual redundant PSUs built in
- MADI I/O can be locked to the C10 HD and C100 HDS console clocks
- Selectable internal master clock or externally synchronized via AES/EBU, Word clock or video sync
- 24 balanced Analog I/O
- 12 Pairs of AES/EBU digital I/O
- Fiber-optic MADI connectors ensure noise-free operation over long cable runs
- Embedded control data simplifies cabling and operation
- Front-panel tri-color LED metering
- Supports Fs and 2Fs formats in either high-speed or legacy modes
- USB Interface for firmware updates
- Stylish 2U Rack enclosure
SSL Alpha-Link LIVE-R—Under the Hood
Convenient front-panel controlsThe unit offers simple front panel controls for configuration and a comprehensive input/output routing matrix which can be used to set up global connections between the various I/O connections and makes all combinations possible. There is also a meter section for the analog inputs and outputs with an AD/DA selection button, mode indicator LEDs, and 24 tri-color level LEDs. And of course, behind the front panel is pure SSL Superanalogue sound quality.
Routing Matrix ControlAlso on the front panel, the Alpha-Link LIVE-R has a simple routing matrix that sends of groups of signals between the inputs and outputs. Using just two buttons, any input group (AES/EBU, Analog, or MADI) can be connected to any output group.
Standalone operation or standard I/O for C10/C100 consoles
The Alpha-Link LIVE-R unit can be used as a standalone format converter. However, when used in conjunction with an SSL C10 HD or C100 HDS console, it provides a very powerful and highly flexible I/O solution particularly suited to broadcast and live applications. When connected to a C10 HD or C100 HDS console, Alpha-Link LIVE-R provides automatic fiber-optic I/O redundancy switching and remote control of up to three Alpha-Link 8-RMP Mic preamps.
Alpha-Link 8-RMP Mic preamp (optional)
The Alpha-Link 8-RMP is a remote-controlled, 8-channel SSL preamp, featuring ultra clean and transparent analog mic preamplifiers that can be controlled remotely from your DAW via standard MIDI protocol.
The number of channels available on each audio interface provided by the Alpha-Link LIVE-R is determined by the sample rate and in certain circumstances by the mode of operation chosen.
The LIVE-R can operate at the following sample rates; 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, and 192kHz. If locked to an external clock source, it can also operate at a deviation of up to ±10% from these rates.
The Alpha-Link LIVE-R will deliver the ultra-transparent, high-quality audio you expect from SSL reliably for years to come. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist.
- Analog channels: 24
- AES/EBU channels: 24 (Fs & 2Fs high-speed), 12 (2Fs legacy/SMUX)
- MADI channels: 56/64 (Fs); 28/32 (2Fs high-speed)
- A/D: Yes
- D/A: Yes
- Sample Rate: Up to 96kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Analog Inputs: 3 x DB-25
- Analog Outputs: 3 x DB-25
- Digital Inputs: 2 x MADI, 3 x DB25 (AES/EBU)
- Digital Outputs: 2 x MADI, 3 x DB25 (AES/EBU)
- Clock Inputs: 1 x Word Clock
- Clock Outputs: 1 x Word Clock
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Other I/O: 3 x RJ-45
- Rack Spaces: 2U
- Dimensions (HDW): 3-1/2" x 12-1/4" x 19" (17-1/4" (w/out rack ears)