Now firmly established on riders and in performance venues around the world, the Soundcraft Vi6™ has been acclaimed as one of the most ergonomic, user-friendly and best-sounding large format digital console around. Audio quality is assured thanks to the integration of a proven DSP engine and algorithms from sister company STUDER, who's digital broadcast consoles like Vista™ and On-Air 3000™ are highly respected in national, state and independent broadcast studios and OB trucks throughout the world.
Ergonomically, the Vi6 offers a wonderfully inviting user experience, thanks to the patented Vistonics™ II 'knobs-on-glass' channel strip interface. As another innovation from STUDER, Vistonics™ provides an incredibly tactile 'where you look is where you control' operating philosophy which combines the speed of access and visibility of controls of an analogue desk with the power of icon-based graphics and fully recallable settings that can only come from a digital console. The provision of 32 input faders plus a 12-fader master section makes changing layers much less frequent, enhancing the speed of operation, and world-class effects and processing from Lexicon and BSS completes the picture.
The Vi6 offers connectivity to almost every type of digital audio format out there, via integration of Studer's D21m modular IO system, and comes complete with a modular remote Stagebox with a choice of either optical or copper connection to the main console.
To learn more about the Soundcraft Vi6, check out our 'Operational Overview' video.
* Max number of simultaneous mixing channels
96 mono inputs into 35 Outputs. Pairs of mono inputs can be linked to create stereo channels.
* Insert points
24 insert send/return pairs can be configured (using available I/O) and assigned to any of the 96 inputs or 35 output channels.
* Direct Outputs
All 96 input channels can have direct outputs in addition to their internal bus routing, assuming sufficient I/O is available (eg optical MADI card).
32 Grp/Aux/Matrix, plus main LCR Mix and LR Solo busses (maximum of 16 matrix outputs can be configured).
* Connection from local rack to stagebox: Standard fit: Cat5 or Cat7 cable, with Amphenol RJF connectors. Optional: Fibre Optical interface card (additional cost).
* Max distance, local rack to stagebox: 100m using Soundcraft-approved flexible reel-mounted Cat5 cable, 130m using Cat7 permanent installation cable.
* GPIO facility: There are 16 GPIO contact closure inputs and outputs on the local rack, and 8 inputs and outputs on the stagebox.
* MIDI: There is 1 MIDI In and 2 MIDI Outs on the rear of the control surface.