Only months after the introduction of the highly successful Soundcraft Vi6™, the Vi Series of digital live sound consoles has been extended with the new Soundcraft Vi4 model, offering all the functionality and facilities of the Soundcraft Vi6, but in a smaller, more compact footprint more suited for space-conscious applications such as Theatres, Houses of Worship and venues or clubs with space-limited mix positions.
In just under 1.5m/5 feet, the Soundcraft Vi4 offers access to 72 inputs on 24 faders, with a total of 35 output busses available for use as masters, groups, auxes or matrices. All other features of the Soundcraft Vi6, such as the highly acclaimed Vistonics™ II touch-screen user interface, Soundcraft FaderGlow™ fader function display and the unequalled audio quality are inherited by the Soundcraft Vi4.
To learn more about the Soundcraft Vi4, check out our 'Operational Overview' video.
* Max number of simultaneous mixing channels
72 mono inputs into 35 Outputs. Pairs of mono inputs can be linked to create stereo channels.
* Insert points
24 insert send/return pairs can be configured (using available I/O) and assigned to any of the 72 inputs or 35 output channels.
* Direct Outputs
All 72 input channels can have direct outputs in addition to their internal bus routing, assuming sufficient I/O is available (eg optical MADI card).
32 Grp/Aux/Matrix, plus main LCR Mix and LR Solo busses (maximum of 16 matrix outputs can be configured).
* Connection from local rack to stagebox: Standard fit: Cat5 cable, with Amphenol RJF connectors. Optional: Fibre Optical interface card (additional cost).
* Max distance, local rack to stagebox: 100m using Soundcraft-approved flexible reel-mounted Cat5 cable, 130m possible using Cat7 permanent installation cable.
* GPIO facility: There are 16 GPIO contact closure inputs and outputs on the local rack, and 8 inputs and outputs on the stagebox.
* MIDI: There is 1 MIDI In and 2 MIDI Outs on the rear of the control surface.
Offline Editor - Virtual Vi
To compliment the Soundcraft Vi4, an offline editor (Virtual Vi) is available. For more information on the Virtual Vi, click here.
Controls for Mute Group (x 4) and VCA Group (x 16) assignment. Controls for assignment of Vistonics rows to bus sends (when channel parameters are not selected to Vistonics). Snapshot automation controls. Talkback controls. Controls for Monitor Output level, phones level and Solo Trim and blend level.