Dual-port 10GBASE-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter
Blazing-fast 10GBASE-T (Copper) Connectivity Over Thunderbolt for Computers with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 Ports
Increased demand for greater data transfer speeds and more bandwidth on high-performance shared storage networks has driven the explosion in demand for 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) networking. Yet, most computers aren’t equipped to get you connected. If your Mac®, Windows®, or Linux® has a Thunderbolt™ 4 or Thunderbolt 3 port, you are in luck—Sonnet’s Twin10G™ 10GbE adapter is the powerfully simple and most cost-effective solution for adding blazing-fast dual-port 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to any your computer.
Small and Nearly NoiselessThe Twin10G adapter is compact enough to easily fit in most workspaces, yet large enough to support proper airflow inside the case—its design enables the adapter’s temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to keep the adapter running cool and whisper-quiet at all times, making it suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments. Constructed of rugged and lightweight aluminum, the adapter’s outer shell securely protects the inner circuitry.
How simple? Just connect the Twin10G adapter to your computer via the included 40Gbps Thunderbolt cable, download and install a driver, connect the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage via Cat 6 or Cat 6A cables, and configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS® Network control panel, Windows Device Manager, or Linux command line (or graphical utility).
The Twin10G adapter attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter’s dual 10GbE connections support transparent failover to keep your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails. Windows and Linux also support link aggregation (teaming) for increased throughput!All the Right Connections
40Gbps Thunderbolt Cable and ThunderLok 3 IncludedSonnet includes a Thunderbolt cable that supports Thunderbolt's full 40Gbps bandwidth, and is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 4 and Thunderbolt 3 computers. Sonnet also provides a ThunderLok™ 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip(2) that prevents accidental cable disconnections—just slide it over one end of the cable, and then plug in the connector and secure it to the chassis by turning a thumbscrew. Because of its unique design, ThunderLok remains on the cable so it won’t get lost when not in use.
Fastest External Interface Available
The Twin10G features a 40Gbps Thunderbolt interface(3)(4) that delivers up to 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth, enabling maximum 10Gb Ethernet performance.
Forward Compatible with Thunderbolt 4 Computers
The Twin10G is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 4 computers and was purposely designed with a Thunderbolt 3 controller and its four lanes of PCIe (not available in a Thunderbolt 4 peripheral) to achieve maximum performance. Learn more about the performance benefits of Thunderbolt 3 over Thunderbolt 4.
Backward Compatible with Older Macs
No Thunderbolt 3 or 4? No problem—the Twin10G is also compatible with Macs with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt ports when used with the bi-directional Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt cable (both sold separately).
- Mac (M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra) not currently compatible. See macOS Compatibility PDF for status.
- Mac (Intel®) with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac (Intel) with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 1 port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter plus a Thunderbolt 2 cable (both sold separately)
- macOS 10.12.6+
- macOS Monterey compatible
- Windows computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 11, 10
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.0+
- Thunderbolt 10GbE adapter
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Two RJ45 ports
- 12V power port
- Intel X550
- 10BASE-T (100 meters using Cat 6A cabling; 55 meters using Cat 6 cabling)
- 5GBASE-T(6), 2.5GBASE-T(6), 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (100 meters using Cat 5e, Cat 6, or Cat 6A cabling)
Link Aggregation (Teaming)
- Supported by Windows and Linux(1)
- Maximum packet size: 15872 bytes (jumbo frames)
- Flow control support
- MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts)
- RSS (Receive-Side Scaling)
- Interrupt coalescing
- Multicast filtering
- 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory
- Wake-on-LAN not supported
- TCP, UDP, and IPv4 checksum offloading
- TSO (TCP Segmentation Offload, AKA Large Send Offload)
- LRO (Large Receive Offload)
- RSS (Receiver Side Scaling)
- Universal 60W, 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- NRTL Certified
- 0ºC to 35ºC (32ºF to 95ºF)
- 4 x 8.25 x 2.75 in. (10.3 x 21 x 7.3 cm)
- 2.95 lbs. (1.34 kg)
- RoHS 3 (Directive 2015/863)
- IEC62368-1 and IEC62368-2 Safety
- Twin10G 10GbE Adapter
- Thunderbolt cable
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip(5)
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord