10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter with Short-range SFP+ Transceiver
Blazing-fast 10GBASE-SR Connectivity
Most post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth-intensive workflows have been rapidly transitioning to 10Gb Ethernet as the new data transfer standard. For many, the 10Gb Ethernet network infrastructure of choice is optical (SFP+) 10Gb Ethernet. For these workgroups, there is now an affordable 10GbE interface for your Mac®, Windows®(1), or Linux® computer with Thunderbolt™ 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports—Sonnet’s Solo10G™ SFP+ adapter, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast fiber optic 10GbE network connectivity.
Advanced Features, Intelligent Operation
The Solo10G SFP+ adapter attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP, and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter also supports the Energy-Efficient Ethernet standard (IEEE 802.3az), which reduces the adapter’s power demands on your computer.
Additional SFP+ Transceiver Choices
Sonnet includes a short-range multi-mode fiber SFP+ module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR, with the Solo10G SFP+ adapter. Sonnet also offers a long-range single-mode fiber module (up to 10 kilometers), part number G10E-SFP-LR (sold separately); and a 10GBASE-T copper module (up to 30 meters using Cat 6A cables), part number G10E-SFP-T (sold separately). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long.(2)
Pocketable. Bus-Powered. Silent.Unlike most 10GbE adapters, the Solo10G SFP+ is pocketable—measuring only 3.1 inches wide by 4.9 inches deep by 1.1 inches tall—and bus-powered to enable truly portable use without a power adapter. Designed using the latest technologies, and wrapped in a rugged aluminum case, the Sonnet adapter is cool running and doesn’t need a fan, allowing silent and energy-efficient operation.
Simple SetupConnect the Solo10G adapter to your computer, and the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage, and then configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS® Network control panel, Windows Device Manager(1), or Linux command line (or graphical utility).
Replaceable Captive Cable
Through the use of a captive cable, the Solo10G adapter’s Thunderbolt connector remains firmly connected to it at all times. Should the cable ever break, it can easily be replaced with an approved replacement cable available from Sonnet or a Sonnet-authorized reseller.
Safe and Secure
As a networked conduit into your computer, the Sonnet Solo10G SFP+ was designed with essential security features. Incorporating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet adapter is protected against malicious modification of its firmware. Any unauthorized attempt at firmware modification to facilitate surreptitious computer access would render the adapter inoperable. This secure design prevents the Solo10G adapter firmware from being reprogrammed except by a manufacturer’s update using a secure encryption key.
Compatible with Thunderbolt 4 Computers
The Solo10G SFP+ is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 4 computers and was purposely designed with a Thunderbolt 3 controller and its four lanes of PCIe (not available in a Thunderbolt 4 peripheral) to achieve maximum performance. Learn more about the performance benefits of Thunderbolt 3 over Thunderbolt 4.
- Mac (M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra)
- Mac (Intel®) with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- macOS 10.13.6+
- macOS Monterey compatible
- PC with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 11, 10
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.0+
- Thunderbolt 10GbE adapter
- One SFP+ socket with 10GBASE-SR (300m) SFP+ Optical Transceiver
- Marvell AQC100S
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Maximum packet size: 16352 bytes (jumbo frames); 9000 bytes under macOS
Data Rates Supported
- 10 Gb/s, 1 Gb/s
- Flow control support
- MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts)
- RSS (Receive-Side Scaling)
- Interrupt coalescing
- Multicast filtering
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)
- 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory
- TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading
- TSO (TCP Segmentation Offload, AKA Large Send Offload)
- LRO (Large Receive Offload)
- RSS (Receiver Side Scaling)
- 0ºC to 35ºC (32ºF to 95ºF)
- 3.1 x 4.9 x 1.1 in. (79.5 x 124.5 x 27.2 mm)
- 0.56 lbs. (0.25 kg)
- RoHS 3 (Directive 2015/863)
- IEC62368-1 and IEC62368-2 Safety
U.S. Government Information Systems Compliance
- Compliant with TITLE V; GENERAL PROVISIONS: Section 514 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018, Public Law 115-141(3)
- Solo10G SFP+ 10GbE Adapter (with captive 0.2-meter Thunderbolt cable)
- 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver