10GBASE-T Thunderbolt to 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter with NBASE-T Support
Blazing-fast 10GBASE-T Connectivity
As network bandwidth demands for post-production and shared storage workflows have increased, 10Gb Ethernet has become the new data transfer standard. Very affordable 10Gb Ethernet switches have significantly reduced the cost of setting up a 10GbE infrastructure, resulting in very rapid adoption. Now, for Mac®, Windows® and Linux® computers with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports, there is an equally affordable Thunderbolt to 10Gb Ethernet adapter—Sonnet’s Solo10G adapter, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to your computer.
Pocketable. Bus-Powered. Silent.The Solo10G is pocketable—measuring just 3.1 inches wide by 4.5 inches deep by 1.1 inches tall—and bus-powered to enable truly portable use without a power adapter. Wrapping the latest technologies in a rugged aluminum case, Sonnet designed a cool-running adapter that doesn’t need a fan, allowing silent and energy-efficient operation.
Simple SetupConnect the Solo10G adapter to your computer, and the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage, and then configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS® Network control panel, Windows Device Manager(3), or Linux command line (or graphical utility). How’s that for simple?
Advanced Features, Intelligent Operation
The Solo10G adapter attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter supports Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az), which reduces the adapter’s power demands on your computer.
Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) support for macOS makes the adapter perfect for use in pro audio and video applications where synchronization of data streams is critical.
Replaceable Captive Cable
Through the use of a captive cable, the Solo10G adapter’s Thunderbolt connector remains firmly connected to it at all times. Should the cable ever break, it can easily be replaced with an approved replacement cable available from Sonnet or a Sonnet-authorized reseller.
Safe and Secure
As a networked conduit into your computer, the Sonnet Solo10G was designed with essential security features. Incorporating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet adapter is protected against malicious modification of its firmware. Any unauthorized attempt at firmware modification to facilitate surreptitious computer access would render the adapter inoperable. This secure design prevents the Solo10G adapter firmware from being reprogrammed except by a manufacturer’s update using a secure encryption key.
- Mac (M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra)
- Mac (Intel®) with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- macOS 10.13.6+
- macOS Monterey compatible
- AVB (Audio Video Bridging, IEEE 802.1Qav)(1)
- iPad Pro with a Thunderbolt port
- PC with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 11, 10
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.0+
- Thunderbolt 10GbE adapter
- One RJ45 socket
- Marvell AQC107S
- 10GBASE-T (100 meters using Cat 6A cabling; 55 meters using Cat 6 cabling)
- 5GBASE-T(2), 2.5GBASE-T(2), 1000BASE-T(2), 100BASE-TX (100 meters using Cat 5e [or better] cabling)
- Maximum packet size: 16352 bytes (jumbo frames); 9000 bytes under macOS
Data Rates Supported
- 10 Gb/s, 5 GB/s, 2.5 Gb/s, 1 Gb/s, 100 Mb/s
- Flow control support
- MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts)
- RSS (Receive-Side Scaling)
- Interrupt coalescing
- Multicast filtering
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)
- 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory
- Wake-on-LAN support
- TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading
- TSO (TCP Segmentation Offload, AKA Large Send Offload)
- LRO (Large Receive Offload)
- RSS (Receiver Side Scaling)
- 0ºC to 35ºC (32ºF to 95ºF)
- 3.1 x 4.5 x 1.1 in. (79.5 x 114 x 27.2 mm)
- 0.54 lbs. (0.24 kg)
- RoHS 3 (Directive 2015/863)
- IEC62368-1 and IEC62368-2 Safety
U.S. Government Information Systems Compliance
- Compliant with TITLE V; GENERAL PROVISIONS: Section 514 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018, Public Law 115-141(3)
- Solo10G 10GbE Adapter (with captive 0.2-meter Thunderbolt cable)