StudioLive® 312AI Active Integration loudspeakers deliver studio-monitor accuracy onstage with unprecedented onboard processing and networking features in a compact form factor. PreSonus® Active Integration technology enables wireless and wired networking control for setup, tuning, and monitoring functions, using an iPad®, a Mac® or Windows®laptop, or both. The StudioLive 312AI provides the best imaging and intelligibility in its class, making it an ideal choice for installations and mobile applications where high fidelity matters.
Three-way coverage with power to spare.
A compact, full-range system with a smooth midrange and rich low end, the StudioLive 312AI delivers 3-way coverage, with a 12-inch low-frequency driver and our proprietary 8-inch, CoActual® coaxial speaker for mid- and high-frequency reproduction. These transducers are driven by a hefty 2,000W RMS of triamplified, Class D power, all housed in a compact enclosure. The 312AI is time- and phase-aligned to form a true 4-way system when paired with the StudioLive 18sAI subwoofer, with or without the highpass filter engaged, to provide an optional overlap at 100 Hz for applications that require a little more low-end punch.
The CoActual difference.
PreSonus’ proprietary CoActual 8-inch, horn-loaded coaxial speaker offers a consistent acoustic center and is responsible for high- and mid-frequency reproduction. The single point source provided by this coaxial design offers unique advantages, thanks to the driver’s symmetrical response. The net result is exceptional 3D imaging and a natural listening experience that reveals the subtlest details.
Networkable with Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or Dante.
The StudioLive 312AI comes equipped for wireless and wired communications over an Ethernet or Wi-Fi local area network for monitoring and control over custom tuning settings. Better yet, add the SL-Dante-SPK option card to create a Dante network and ditch your analog cables in favor of lightweight CAT5e or CAT6 cables.
You’re in control—here, there, and everywhere.
The StudioLive 312AI features a robust onboard loudspeaker processor that can be accessed and controlled over a standard LAN network. PreSonus’ SL Room Control app for iPad, Mac, and Windows provides rich, easy-to-use system configuration and individual and group control over any StudioLive AI loudspeaker on the network, including alignment delay, parametric EQ, notch filters, group level, and graphic EQ, as well as performance monitoring. SL Room Control makes customizing your speaker system as simple as connecting an Ethernet cable to a wireless router.
Flexible connections and mounting capabilities.
The rear of the StudioLive 312AI reveals a combo XLR/TRS line input and an XLR microphone input with an XMAX Class A mic preamplifier and 12V phantom power, as well as an XLR mix output. In addition to the input mixer, you get speaker level-attenuation control. The lightweight plywood enclosure has two ergonomic side handles, interlocking stacking, and M10 fly points. Dual-position pole mounts allow you to mount the speaker atop a stand or subwoofer at 90 degrees or at a 10-degree downward tilt.
Clear, accurate, powerful—and available now.
Whether out on tour or installed in a venue, StudioLive 312AI loudspeakers deliver studio-monitor accuracy at incredibly high SPL, with amazing imaging and intelligibility. With extensive software control and wired and wireless networking, it offers advanced capabilities that go well beyond conventional point-source loudspeakers, yet it’s easy to set up and use.
- Unique coaxial design integrates a custom-designed, 8-inch, ferrite midrange driver and 1.75-inch titanium compression driver with Temporal Equalization™ and Coaxial Speaker Coherence Alignment
- 12-inch, custom-designed, ferrite, low-frequency transducer
- 2,000 watt, triamped, Class D amplification
- LF 2x500 watts / 1x1,000 watts
- MF 1x500 watts
- HF 1x500 watts
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with more processing power than three rack speaker processors
- 32-bit floating-point DSP with asymmetric three-way crossover, Temporal Equalization™ for horn reflection, linear time- and amplitude-anomalies correction, performance contouring, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting
- XMAX Class A mic preamp with 12V phantom power
- Universal Switch mode power supply with power-factor correction
Controls and Networking
- 4 operation modes optimized for:
- Normal — live front-of-house
- MP3 — music playback
- Floor Monitor — stage wedge
- User — customizable preset
- Line-level input with attenuation
- Speaker-attenuation control
- Balanced XLR Mix output
- External Subwoofer mode activates a low-cut filter and alignment delay for combining StudioLive 18sAI subwoofer with 312AI in a true 4-way system
- Wireless or wired networking with free SL Room Control software for Mac®, Windows®, and iPad® enables complete setup, tuning, and monitoring
- Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker and allows you to quickly connect to your wireless router network
- Remote control over Maximum SPL/output level, high-pass filter, onboard operational modes, performance monitoring, mute, and speaker delay
- 31-band graphic EQ and 8-band parametric EQ (total of 10, including feedback notch filter)
- Visually display room layout on a laptop or iPad
- Edit, save, recall, and share speaker-setup parameters
- Comfortable, ergonomic handles
- Integrated M10 fly points and pole mounts
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control; optional Dante™ card
|Configuration||3-way, triamplified loudspeaker system|
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)||50 Hz to 23 kHz|
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||56 Hz to 22 kHz|
|Nominal Coverage (-6 dB)||90° x 60°|
|Maximum Peak SPL||131 dB|
LF: (overlapped) 100 Hz - 1 kHz, HF: 1.8 kHz
|Directivity Index (DI)||10 dB, >500 Hz|
|Directivity Factor (Q)||10.0, >500 Hz|
|LF Transducer||1x12" Ferrite|
|MF Transducer||8" CoActual™|
|HF Transducer||1.75" compression driver|
|Total Power Output||2,000W (total power without protection algorithms and limiter enabled)|
|LF Power||2 x 500W|
|Rated THD||<0.05% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Dynamic Range||119 dB (A-weighted)|
|Bandwidth||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Cooling||Free air convection|
Connections and Controls
|Input Channels||1 mic, 1 line|
|Input Connector Types||1 XLR (F), 1 combo|
|Phantom Power||15 VDC (Ch. 1 only)|
|Mic Input Impedance||1 kΩ|
|Line Input Impedance||10 kΩ|
|Maximum Input||+22 dBu|
|Output Connector||1 XLR (M) - Mix out|
|Controls||Mic Level (Variable: Off to +48 dB), Line Attenuation (Variable: -24 dB to 0 dB), Speaker Attenuation (Variable: -24 dB to 0 dB)|
DSP Preset, HPF On/Off, Network Connected, Network Activity, Wi-Fi Setup, Wi-Fi On, Signal, Limit, Clip, Thermal
|Contour Presets||Normal, LBR Source, Floor Monitor|
|HPF||100 Hz, 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley|
|Sample Rate||96 kHz|
|Dimensions (HxDxW)||24.8" x 19.5" x 16.4"
(629.92 mm x 495.3 mm x 416.56 mm)
|Unit Weight||62 lbs (28.12 kg)|
|Handles||One on each side|
|Amplifier Protection||Over-current, DC, over/under-voltage, over-temperature, high frequency|
|Transducer Protection||4-ch. multi-threat limiter|
|AC Power Input||100-230V~, 50-60 Hz|
|AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power)||250W|
|Rigging Points||12 M10|
|Mounting||35 mm, 2-position|