StudioLive® 18sAI Active Integration subwoofers deliver studio-monitor accuracy onstage with unprecedented onboard processing and networking features. PreSonus®Active Integration technology enables wireless and wired networking control for setup, tuning, and monitoring functions, using an iPad®, a Mac® or Windows® laptop, or both. Powerful and musical, the StudioLive 18sAI naturally extends low-frequencies with a fast and accurate transient response and is a perfect mate for StudioLive 312AI, 315AI, and 328AI full-range loudspeakers, making it an ideal choice for installations and mobile applications where fidelity matters.
Tight, clean, natural bass.
Designed to complement full-range systems, without overshadowing them, the StudioLive 18sAI active subwoofer naturally extends the reach of your full-range systems' low end to deliver studio monitor accuracy throughout its range. Driven by 1,000W RMS of Class D amplification, the 18sAI's 18-inch ferrite speaker delivers exceptional low-end performance down to 35 Hz. The net result is a musical approach to sub-bass frequency reproduction that affords a natural listening experience on a large scale.
A four-way PA that works as one.
Although the StudioLive 18sAI is flexible enough to work great with other powered loudspeakers, when used with a StudioLive 312AI, 315AI, or 328AI, the StudioLive 18sAI forms a true four-way system. For applications that require a more linear (“flat”) frequency response between the subwoofer and full-range speaker, engage the highpass filter on the full-range StudioLive AI-series loudspeaker to readjust the phase and time-alignment, keeping the full-range system in phase with the 18sAI subwoofer. Need a little more bump? Leave the highpass filter off and enjoy the perfectly phase- and time-aligned overlap at 100 Hz between your full-range system and your subwoofer.
Networkable with Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or Dante.
The StudioLive 18sAI comes equipped for wireless and wired communications over an Ethernet or Wi-Fi local area network for monitoring and control over custom tuning settings. Better yet, add the SL-Dante-SPK option card to create a Dante™ network and ditch your analog cables in favor of lightweight CAT5e or CAT6 cables.
You're in control - here, there, and everywhere.
The StudioLive 18sAI subwoofer features a robust onboard loudspeaker processor that can be accessed and controlled over a standard LAN network. PreSonus'® SL Room Control software makes customizing your speaker system as simple as connecting an Ethernet cable to a wireless router. Creating a cardioid subwoofer array is as easy a pressing two buttons, thanks to onboard polarity reverse and three alignment-delay presets.
Flexible connections and mounting capabilities.
The rear of the StudioLive 18sAI reveals stereo line inputs (XLR/¼-inch combo) and full-range, switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR). An optional, pull-tested Sub Pole lets you safely and securely mount a StudioLive AI full-range system atop the 18sAI. An optional, mountable, heavy duty Sub Dolly lets you roll your StudioLive 18sAI in and out with minimal stress, and the lightweight plywood enclosure includes ergonomic side handles.
Clear, accurate, powerful - and available now.
Whether out on tour or installed in a venue, the StudioLive 18sAI subwoofer mates perfectly with StudioLive AI full-range loudspeakers to deliver studio-monitor accuracy at incredibly high SPLs. With extensive software control and wired and wireless networking, it offers advance capabilities that go well beyond conventional point-source loudspeakers, yet it's easy to set up and use.
- 18-inch ferrite transducer
- 1,000 watt (bridged), Class D amplifier
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting
- Stereo line inputs (XLR-¼” combo) and switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR)
- Universal Switch mode power supply with power-factor correction
Controls and Networking
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control; optional Dante™ card
- Alignment delay (switchable: 0, 2, or 4 feet) enables subwoofer to be placed in different positions relative to a full-range speaker system
- Wireless or wired networking with free SL Room Control software for Mac®, Windows®, and iPad® enables complete setup, tuning, and monitoring
- Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker and allows you to quickly connect to your wireless router network
- Remote control over Maximum SPL/output level, high-pass filter, onboard operational modes, performance monitoring, mute, and speaker delay
- 31-band graphic EQ and 8-band parametric EQ (total of 10, including feedback notch filter)
- Visually display room layout on a laptop or iPad
- Edit, save, recall, and share speaker-setup parameters
- Comfortable, ergonomic handles
- Integrated pole insert and interlocking stacking provisions
- Optional mountable Sub Dolly and pull-tested Sub Pole to mount a full-range system atop the 18sAI