Every design decision during Quantum 2626 audio interface's engineering was made with one goal in mind: blazing-fast speed without sonic compromise. The Quantum-series proprietary Thunderbolt driver was written from the ground up to deliver ultra-low-latency performance while maximizing efficiency. Cutting-edge 24-bit, 192 kHz converters with 115 dB of dynamic range and superior low-jitter clocking - coupled with our ultra-transparent, pure analog XMAX preamps - result in superb audio quality with the lowest round-trip latency of any audio interface available (<1 ms*).
*192 kHz, 64 sample buffer in Studio One 4.5 on a MacBook Pro 2016, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, running macOS 10.12.5
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and transparent preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum 2626 audio interface operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 115 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally, with no audible distortion. Our lauded XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you'll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
Impressive speed, combined with stunning sound quality, means that the Quantum Thunderbolt audio interface is an ideal recording solution for any size of studio. Need more mic preamps? Connect the PreSonus DigiMax DP88 to your Quantum interface's ADAT/dual S/MUX ports. Once synced, the DigiMax DP88 preamps can be remotely controlled via Studio One or UC Surface. Want to insert your favorite gear? The Quantum 2626 features two direct preamp outputs with dedicated returns, so you can insert your favorite analog compressor and your favorite plug-ins with ease.
Award-winning recording software included
While compatible with any macOS or Windows recording application, the Quantum 2626 ships as a complete recording studio, with Studio One® Artist music production software included. Easy to learn, Studio One enables you to compose, record, and produce without getting distracted by the tools. Need a new loop or sample for your latest production? Studio One lets you shop, audition, and purchase new content right from your production environment - including powerful extensions for Studio One like the Presence XT Expansion packs and the PreSonus Channel Strip Collection.
The Quantum leap.
Industry-leading speed and pristine audio quality combined with jaw-dropping expandability are the hallmarks of the Quantum interface design. Record and monitor from your favorite DAW with any plug-in engaged. Insert your favorite outboard analog gear with ease. Regardless of your studio's size, Quantum audio interfaces will streamline your recording process so you'll make better music, faster.
Apple Silicon compatibility - standard.
The PreSonus Quantum-series interfaces are natively compatible with Apple Silicon-based Mac computers*. You'll be able to produce everything from podcasts to folk rock to trap - wherever sound takes you.
*Universal Control 3.6 or later is required for Native Apple Silicon compatibility.
Make your own magic.
At PreSonus, we want to make sure that our audio products come with everything you need to craft your own mesmerizing spells in the studio. That's why we include Studio One Artist with every audio interface and controller product we make, from the 2-channel AudioBox USB 96 to the 64-channel StudioLive 64S, ATOM to FaderPort 16, but we didn't stop there. Why? Because here in Louisiana, we have a word: lagniappe. It means "a little something extra," and it's in that spirit that we also include the Studio Magic Suite of software with our audio interface products and-new for 2021-our award-winning controllers as well.
The 2021 Studio Magic includes tutorials from Melodics, sound libraries from Ghost Hack, 7 virtual instruments, and 9 effects plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats to use in Studio One Artist or your DAW of choice with a retail value of over $1000 (US).
- 26x26 Thunderbolt 3 ultra-low-latency audio interface
- <1 ms roundtrip latency*; record direct to DAW with your favorite plug-ins engaged
- 24-bit/192 kHz operation with high-quality 115 dB A/D/A converters
- Studio One® Artist and Studio Magic software bundle included
- Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs / 26 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
- 8 pristine XMAX preamps
- 2 instrument Inputs
- 8 balanced line inputs
- Dual headphone outputs with independent level control
- Balanced stereo main outputs with independent level control
- 8 DC-coupled, balanced line outputs
- 2 preamp direct outputs with returns to insert outboard gear
- Main output level control
- Balanced stereo main output (TRS)
- Eight balanced line outputs (TRS; outputs 1 and 2 share a DAC with the main output)
- Two preamp outputs (channels 1 and 2)
- Two line returns (channels 1 and 2)
- ADAT Optical/Dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- Thunderbolt 3 high-speed bus
- 24-bit resolution and up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- BNC word clock input and output with low-jitter clocking
- MIDI I/O
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- 1U rack-mountable
- 12 VDC external power supply (included)
*192 kHz, 64 sample buffer in Studio One 4.5 on a MacBook Pro 2016, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 running macOS 10.12.5