Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live-entertainment production workflow. The DL32 is the perfect solution for connecting the onstage talent with your Front of House (FOH) console, and the rest of the world – the I/O packed and highly affordable DL32 digital stage box. The DL32 provides 32 MIDAS PRO Series remote-controllable mic preamps, plus 16 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end – and all it takes is a single Cat 5e cable (up to 100 m / 328'). While KLARK TEKNIK, the industry-leader in high-end digital audio processing, invented the AES50 SuperMAC technology that made it all possible – our superb scale of production makes the DL32 so very affordable.
MIDAS - The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since our formation in the 1970s, we have had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary consoles, such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 have quickly become industry standards.
We have earned an impeccable reputation due to our no-compromise approach to audio and build quality, and in particular for our Award-winning Mic Preamps, which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best-sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
When used as part of a complete M32 system, two DL32 Stage Boxes can be cascaded via the built-in AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 64 mic/line inputs, 32 balanced outputs and the ULTRANET port allows direct connection to TURBOSOND iQ Series loudspeakers and the BEHRINGER POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System – which can feed up to 48 individual monitor mixers. We also included 2 optical ADAT sockets and AES-3 (AES/EBU) for connecting to outboard devices, a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC – plus MIDI I/O for lighting systems and sound module control.
Ecosystem and Beyond
The DL32 was initially designed with our M32 Digital Mixing Console in mind, but any mixingboard with AES50 networking capability can still tap directly into the DL32’s powerful feature set.For instance, a DL32 and M32C could be jointly utilised to create a remote controlled digital mixingsystem in only 4U. Another prime application might include the M32C providing independentmonitor mix duties, while also relaying and sharing all I/O with the main console – an M32, or anyother digital mixer that supports MADI, Dante, ADAT or AES50 I/O. Reasonably priced option cards to replace the standard 32 x 32 channel USB interface are separately available for that exact purpose.You can even mix the complete show from the onstage M32C via dedicated remote control apps. And since the DL32 and M32C communicate via AES50, they can be separated by up to 100 m (328')of CAT5 cabling, should that be more convenient for the venue.
ULTRANET – Seamless Integration
The world-renowned engineers at KLARK TEKNIK, MIDAS, TURBOSOUNDand BEHRINGER have all come together to create something truly innovative that will change your live and studio workflow forever – welcome to ULTRANET. This revolutionary technology seamlessly transmits up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data via a single CAT5 cable between compatible digital devices – including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems. Advantages realized through ULTRANET digital networking, versus traditional analog methods include: audio signals are impervious to Radio Frequency Interference (RFI); signal crosstalk is eliminated, and ease of use translates directly into a significant amount of time saved during show setup or installation. ULTRANET effectuates a powerful digital eco-system, which we call “Acoustic Integration”, providing unparalleled control over every element of your audio production environment from one convenient location.
KLARK TEKNIK AES50
KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) technology gives the DL32 its high-capacity, ultra-low latency digital interconnectivity, as well as superbly simple deployment and ease of use. KLARK TEKNIKengineers worked hand-in-hand with MIDAS to ensure the DL32 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live entertainers and their professional audio engineers. Some of the outstanding features are:
- 48 bidirectional audio channels over Cat 5e cable (48 kHz)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution.
- Comprehensive error detection and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration – total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
- Royalty-free implementations available as Xilinx FPGA cores
- OEM modules available from developer partners
As you can see, the DL32 is an extremely versatile 32 x 16 digital stage box solution with our remote-controllable mic preamplifiers, KLARK TEKNIK’s AES50 connectivity and a wealth of other professional-grade features – all at a price anyone can afford. Built tough enough to withstand the rigors of the road, the DL32 only takes up two rack spaces and connects to FOH with a single, inexpensive CAT5 cable.
Now you can have the missing link between the stage and FOH at a fraction of the cost of competing systems – and we back it up with a comprehensive warranty program.
- 32 award-winning MIDAS PRO microphone preamplifiers with switchable 48 V phantom power
- 16 electronically balanced low impedance line level outputs
- ULTRANET personal monitoring system connectivity for in-ear applications
- Digital audio and control connectivity for TURBOSOUND speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Dual AES50 SuperMAC ports for cascading additional DL16 stageboxes—no merger or router required
- Automatic AES50 stage-split mode when connected between MIDAS M32 Series FOH and monitor consoles
- Dual ADAT outputs providing 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK* connectors
- 2 AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- Mute All function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
- MIDI In/Out for bidirectional communication between MIDAS M32 Series console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Features Neutrik etherCON* AES50 and ULTRANET network ports
- Rugged 3U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.