Syrah, based on the legendary algorithms behind the Alchemist and Solera processors, has since it was released been kind of a secret brew for many engineers. Syrah is designed to react in real-time to the nature of the input signal, making it an extremely versatile compressor with the ability to adapt to anything from individual sources to a complete mix. With its refined user interface, it’s a really simple and efficient processor for quickly dialing in compression with outstanding results.
- Up to 8 channels Input/Output
- Input/Output gain controls for adjusting the levels before and after processing
- Dry Mix control (Dry/Wet with optional gain compensation) allowing for parallel processing or for blending some of the original “peak” into the processed signal
- Mode setting to define how the adaptive dynamics algorithm attempts to adapt the processing.
- Boost setting for increasing the entire processing intensity, straightforwardly described – More of everything
- Thickness fattens up the processed material by enhancing the low level frequencies
- Inverse setting which inverts the final gain envelope offering particularly effect-full processing in a true “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” kind of way
- M/S Width for controlling the stereo width of the processed signal
- Discrete peak limiter at the very last stage of the processing chain rounding off the peaks in a smooth and musically fashion
- True bypass control routing the incoming signal direct to the output for a smooth transition between clean and processed signal
Preset and Parameter Handling
- Preset/Parameter slots
- To enhance the workflow the two Preset/Parameter slots, A and B, can be loaded with two full set of parameters at the same time. Apart from saving each preset, a “Global Preset” containing both the A and B settings, and the position of the “Morphing Slider”, can be saved.
- Parameter Morphing Slider with Automation
- The Morphing Slider provides morphing between the parameter settings of slot A/B allowing for really creative and useful real-time tweaking. Enabling the Automation control button exposes the Morphing Slider to the host automation.
- Open Sound Control Support