The LavryBlue System is a modular design which allows the end user to populate the 1U 19" chassis with stereo modules that provide a variety of functions. Each unit may hold up to 4 channels of microphone preamplification, up to 8 channels of analog to digital conversion (ADC) or 8 channels of digital to analog conversion (DAC); or a combination of these functions. Each module has two channels and fills either 1 or 2 of the 4 available module slots in the chassis. Basic systems can be ordered with a minimum of one stereo module, allowing user installation of additional modules at a later date.
MODULES AVAILABLE FOR THE 4496 CHASSIS:
- LavryBlue M-AD 824: a 2-channel ADC module requiring 1 module slot.
- LavryBlue M-DA 824: a 2-channel DAC module requiring 1 module slot.
- LavryBlue MicPre Module: a 2-channel microphone preamplification module requiring 2 module slots.
In addition to these modules, any chassis which includes any ADC channels will also include a LavryBlue M-Sync.
This multichannel clock synchronization module features ultra-stable crystal-referenced internal or external sync operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz. Wide lock mode is available for non-standard sample rates or vari-speed operation.
One M∙SYNC is required to provide clocking and synchronization for all M∙AD824 AD converter modules contained in the same 4496 chassis; This module also provides Word Clock out to synch other units and allow multiple racks of LavryBlue to function as one system.
ADVANTAGES OF THE MODULAR DESIGN:
- Ideal for multi-channel systems.
- Independent operation of the AD and DA converter clocking. Each M∙DA824 stereo DA converter module clocks from the incoming digital audio steam. This allows recording and playback at different sample rates with devices that are not synchronized; for example- record to a DAW at 96kHz while playing back a CD from a stand-alone CD player. Multiple M∙DA’s can also operate either independently for playback of unsynchronized sources at different sample rates, or sample-accurately in multi-channel systems.
- Minimal systems can contain one AD, one DA, or one of each for stereo applications. Another popular configuration is one AD and two DA modules for “looping” a signal out of a DAW and monitoring the re-encoded signal; as in Mastering systems with analog and digital processing.
- Microphone preamplifiers can be used independently of the converters, or with analog processing inserted between the MicPre and AD input.
- Digital AES/XLR inputs and outputs are compatible with most SPDIF/RCA I/O using simple adapters or adapter cables.
- Field expandability allows the system to grow as your needs change or budget allows.
- 2 channels of professional micpre
- Impedance matching for Condenser, Dynamic, and Ribbon mic’s
- Super-low noise and distortion over a wide input and gain range
- Transformerless electronically balanced inputs and outputs provide sonic transparency with excellent channel matching.
- Location Recording
- Live/Location Sound
- Post Production
LAVRYBLUE 4496 CHASSIS SPECIFICATIONS
- The 4496 Chassis is a standard 1U 19”rack unit.
- Input Voltage-
- “Universal” input accepts inputs of 90-264VAC, 47-63Hz, Internally fused 2.5A
- Current Consumption @120VAC-
- Steady-state: Typically less than 0.5A (Varies with configuration/number of modules).
- Steady-state Maximum: 1A
- 19” wide x 11.5”deep x 1.75” high (Enclosure minus clearance for switches and connectors measures 10.5” deep)
- Approximate Weight-
- ~ 9 lbs (Varies with configuration/number of modules).
- Distortion- Measured at 100Hz, 1kHz, 10kHz, &20kHz:
- Gain setting 40- 0.001%
- Gain setting 60- 0.005%
- Noise- Input referenced noise at gain settings from 40 to 70dB:
- Input shorted -128dB
- 150 Ohm source -126dB
- Individual stepped analog control with 21 to 70 dB’s gain in 1dB steps for each channel.
- Pad- Front panel switch controls both channels for 10dB lower output level.
- Two channels of electronically balanced XLR inputs wired for Pin 2 “+” (non-inverting), Pin 3 “-” (inverting).
- Input impedance matching for Ribbon, Dynamic, and Condenser microphones. Front panel switch controls both channels. Absolute Maximum input +3V.
- Two channels electronically balanced XLR outputs +4dBu nominal level. +24dBu Maximum Output Level. Wired for Pin 2 “+” (non-inverting), Pin 3 “-” (inverting) operation.
- Can be configured for unbalanced operation using internal jumpers.
- Phantom Power:
- +48V- Available on the input XLR connectors, only in the “Condenser” settings
- Dual regulation provides exceptional inter-channel isolation.