nsight, a comprehensive metering suite for post production and broadcast applications. Insight provides an extensive set of audio analysis and metering tools, perfect for visualizing changes made during mixing and mastering, troubleshooting problematic mixes, and ensuring compliance with broadcast loudness standards. Fully customizable and scalable, Insight allows you to visually monitor all relevant information from your mono, stereo or surround mix in a convenient floating window. Keep an eye as well as an ear on your mix at all times with Insight.
Loudness and True Peak Metering
By evaluating audio levels in terms of how the human ear perceives loudness, loudness meters are used to ensure a mix complies with broadcast regulations, like those specified by the Advanced Television Standards Committee and European Broadcasting Union. Fully compliant with the ITU-R BS.1770-1, ITU-R BS.1770-2, ITU-R BS.1770-3, and EBU R128 standards, Insight provides the tools you need to be confident that your audio meets regulations.
Insight's innovative Surround Scope helps you visualize how your surround project will be spatially perceived by your audience during playback, and also keeps you aware of any potential technical problems with your audio's alignment.
Unlike typical "waterfall" plots, Insight's unique real-time 3D spectrogram creates a detailed topographical map of audio using iZotope's high-resolution spectrogram capabilities. Unfamiliar with a spectrogram? Watch our video to learn more.
For eye-popping visual insight, feed information on multiple audio streams to the Spectrogram via Meter Taps. Add Meter Tap plug-ins to individual tracks or buses, then open the Spectrogram to see how mix elements combine in rich detail...all in real-time.
Insight's resizable Stereo Vectorscope provides useful display options for examining the stereo image of your mix.
Insight also includes a real-time spectrum analyzer for examining the frequency balance of your mix.
With a wealth of options for personalizing your metering experience, Insight lets you visualize your audio in a way that's perfect for any project or session.
- Immediately detect potential mix problems through real-time visual monitoring and color-coded alerts.
- Ensure your audio is fully compliant with current loudness standards with forward-thinking tools that adhere to standards like BS.1770-1/2/3.
- Perform deep and flexible analysis with zoomable meters and the ability to route audio from any tracks or buses to Insight.
- Design your ideal metering view by choosing the meters you want to see, customizing them, and resizing the Insight window to fit your current workflow.
- Get an extensive suite of metering tools in a single plug-in, including True Peak Meters, Loudness Meters, Loudness History Graph, Stereo Vectorscope, Surround Scope, 2D/3D Spectrogram, and Spectrum Analyzer.