The first physically modeled electric bass goes next level
MODO BASS 2 is the expanded edition of IK’s industry-first physically modeled bass virtual instrument, adding 8 new basses, including new fretless and upright options, a new patterns section with tons of new grooves, advanced performance controls and more ways to enter the MODO BASS world.
As producers, we all know how important it is to have a great-sounding bassline. On-call 24/7, MODO BASS 2.0 offers the realism and sound of a sought-after instrument being played by a master musician, but with the convenience of a plug-in virtual instrument.
- Groundbreaking real-time modal synthesis technology
- Up to 22 basses including new double basses and fretless models
- Advanced performance algorithms for incredible realism
- Adjust every element of any bass: strings, neck, body, electronics, even go fretless*
- Control the entire act of playing bass – play style, hand position
- New patterns section with grooves indistinguishable from the real thing
- New Custom Shop and SE versions let you add new basses any time
22 models for a limitless variety of bass sounds
MODO BASS 2.0 includes the 14 original iconic basses plus 8 exciting new ones to cover any style of music. You’ll find 6 new eclectic models, including 2 legendary fretless basses plus 2 double-bass instruments. And with the power of MODO you can turn any standard bass into a fretless* model for even more sonic options.
MODO BASS 2
- The first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument
- Groundbreaking real-time modal synthesis technology — no samples used to create sound
- Recreate virtually every electric, fretless and acoustic bass sound imaginable
- 20 iconic bass models with 2 fretless that span the history of recorded electric bass
- Turn any standard electric bass into a fretless bass using MODO’s new controls
- 2 double-bass models with a dedicated room and mics for creating the perfect sound
- Models the entire act of playing an electric bass – player, instrument, FX & amp
- Ultra-small memory footprint
- Choose playing style—ultra-realistic pluck and new algorithms for pick and slap articulations
- Freely move the playing hand for realistic performance
- Customize string force, fingers used, pick thickness & technique
- Customize string number, scale, tuning, gauge, construction, action, age
- 32 faithfully recreated, interchangeable iconic bass pickups with volume
- Choose active or passive electronics with parametric EQ
- Under-bridge piezo pickup with blend
- 7 bass stomp box effects configurable in 4-slot chain
- 2 iconic bass amps – Solid State and Tube derived from AmpliTube
- FX and amp global bypass for routing
- Completely redesigned Patterns section with intuitive controls and new grooves
- Optimized resizable interface
- Works as a 64-bit plug-in or standalone instrument for Mac/PC
- Full MIDI control with MIDI learn, keyswitches
MODO BASS 2 is a 64-bit standalone and plug-in application. Requires a 64-bit CPU and Operating System.
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or Apple M1, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.13 or later.
Runs natively on Apple’s M1 processors.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 10 or later. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.