Tones that will rock you
AmpliTube Brian May captures his special guitar, one-of-a-kind gear and unmistakable sound. Brian May’s guitar tone has powered some of the biggest rock anthems the world has ever heard. His intricately-layered harmonized leads, muscular rhythm guitar, and sweet clean tones blazed a path for rock guitarists, proving that rock music can have both brains and brawn.AmpliTube Brian May overview
- Gear collection for AmpliTube Custom Shop
- 10 new models split between amps, cabs and effects
- Breakthrough DIM™ technology for unparalleled realism
- Sound-certified and approved by Brian May
- No previous version of AmpliTube required
- Works seamlessly with the new Custom Shop updates
Also included in
You want it all? Brian brought it all!
We worked meticulously with Brian May and his techs to provide the unique signature sound you've heard on countless albums and stages for decades. From Brian’s treble booster to his three-amp VOX® AC30™ setup to his carefully-curated effects selection, the attention to detail in modeling this inimitable tone will make you the champion of guitar tone. Hear for yourself.
Gear available in AmpliTube Brian May
AmpliTube Brian May features 10 brand new models including 2 amps, 3 cabinets and 5 stomps created to recreate both the guitar and gear Brian used live and in the studio. AmpliTube Brian May also unlocks the Wet-Dry-Wet signal path mode to mirror exactly his setup. A new pedal modeling his Red Special guitar, the unique home-built “Deacy” Amp (with adjustable battery power!), the famous triple-amp setup, his tone-shaping effects, and even a harmonizer so you can nail those Queen leads and go Headlong into the tone that sparked a rock revolution – they're all here.
It all starts with the guitar…
As much as the effects and amplifiers, the true key to May’s tone is his Red Special guitar. In the early 1960s, Brian and his father built this guitar from materials they had on hand, including wood from their fireplace mantel and springs from a motorbike!
Even the Burns Tri-Sonic pickups were altered.
For AmpliTube Brian May, we knew we needed to provide the unique sound of this instrument, so we went the extra mile to develop a new stompbox effect to help simulate the tone and controls of the Red Special itself.
But wait, there's more
AXE I/O — Capture your guitar and bass at their best
Ready for the ultimate guitar and bass recording experience, that brings out every nuance of AmpliTube? Check out AXE I/O, IK’s premium audio interface with powerful tone shaping tools. It’s the audio interface guitar and bass players have been waiting for.
Take MIDI control
AmpliTube is fully MIDI compatible, so all the knobs, controls and presets of this gear Collection for AmpliTube can be assigned and controlled with a standard MIDI controller, or a high-quality interface like the iRig Stomp I/O, or the convenient iRig BlueBoard.
A Time Machine of tone… for free
The AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop is a free software package for your Mac or PC that includes a complete guitar dual signal chain; tuner, pedalboard, amplifier, cabinet, microphone and rack effects section. It comes with 39 pieces of gear and access to our unique online virtual music store where you can purchase gear models either a-la-carte or as a complete collection. You can even create almost any rig you can dream up combining this gear collection with the universe of gear available to try or buy in Custom Shop.
When used as a standalone application, AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop features a 2-track recorder section and a song-player for easy play-along capabilities. The SpeedTrainer function allows you to slow down the audio so you can learn Satch’s signature licks note for note without affecting the pitch.
AmpliTube 5 — step up to the modern player’s ultimate tone studio
While AmpliTube gear sounds absolutely amazing in AmpliTube Custom Shop, it will sound even better with all the new and improved tone-tweaking features inside of AmpliTube 5 — features like the Freely Configurable Signal Chain and a re-designed Cabinet section to name a few.
Freely Configurable Signal Chain
AmpliTube 5 features a new, completely customizable gear chain. Beyond mono & stereo, AmpliTube 5 now supports wet-dry-wet configurations and other advanced series & parallel routing.
The overall chain now supports up to a massive 57 simultaneous models across Stomps, Racks, Amps and Cabs. And setup is a breeze - just drag & drop any model into place, to build or re-position even the most complex rigs in seconds.
New Cabinet Section with VIR™ Technology
AmpliTube 5 premieres a re-engineered Cabinet section with all-new DSP. IK’s new Volumetric Impulse Response (VIR™) uses 600 IRs per speaker, 1,200 IRs for a 2-speaker cab and 2,400 IRs for a 4-speaker cab, capturing a massive 3D array of mic placement options, plus all the interactions between speakers, cabinet and floor for a completely true-to-life sound.
Track your creativity
As a standalone application, AmpliTube 5 also features an integrated 8-track recorder, plus a 4-track looper for quickly capturing your ideas as they come to you. And, of course, you can mix and match your favorite gear with any and all of the new AmpliTube 5 models to create your own one-of-a-kind tones.
If you haven't already, now’s a great time to leap ahead with AmpliTube 5.
- Industry-standard sound with DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies offer the most realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models
- Perfect as a plug-in for studio recording and mixing in any Mac/Win DAW, native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- Also perfect for live performance thanks to the standalone version with instant preset switching
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization
- 5 separate modules
- Rig of up to 12 stomps, 2 Amp heads + 2 Cabs + 2 x double mics and 8 rack effects can be configured in up to 8 serial/parallel configurations
- Two movable microphones allow you to mic the cabinet exactly like in real world studio and live environment
- Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more
- Perfect integration with IK’s range of audio interfaces and floor controllers allows for instant recording and performing in the studio or on stage with full programming at the software level
- 2-track built-in multitrack recorder with DAW-like features enables you to quickly capture ideas or even record a small band in the standalone application without the need to open a DAW and with the convenience of AmpliTube superior quality audio processing
- Imports any Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3 audio file (Standalone version)
- SpeedTrainer for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch – the perfect tool for practicing and improving your instrument skills or learning your favorite riffs and solos (standalone version)
AmpliTube is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB suggested), macOS 10.7 or later.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 2GB of RAM (4 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows® 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Internet connection is required as all of the Custom Shop operations are web based.